website statistics

Shooting at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Out of curiousity: why do most of these pistol shooters have their non-shooting hand in the pocket of their sweatpants as if they're waiting for their buddy at the corner of the street? :p 

I'm assuming it's a balance thing?

Not 100% sure but i think i read that its indeed about balance.

5 hours ago, sounak said:

Yeah. I just love his composure and how even when he had the Gold medal virtually in his pocket shot a 10+ score. How are your women's pistol shooters? Will you be leaving one medal for us in the mixed team?

actually right before the last shot he asked his coach "do you want me to take this one with the left hand?" and he kept the pistol in his left hand for few seconds, for a second I really thought he is going to do that :hyper: (he had 6-7 pts lead but still that's insane) fortunately he was just joking.

our female shooter is OK, she made some World Cup finals here and there but she is far from his level. I don't think they have a big chance for medal, Foroughi most probably will celebrate too much and won't be focused :d but we will see. nothing is impossible in shooting. I will be very happy if they end up with the bronze. in that case you can take the gold :d

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

actually right before the last shot he asked his coach "do you want me to take this one with the left hand?" and he kept the pistol in his left hand for few seconds, for a second I really thought he is going to do that :hyper: (he had 6-7 pts lead but still that's insane) fortunately he was just joking.

our female shooter is OK, she made some World Cup finals here and there but she is far from his level. I don't think they have a big chance for medal, Foroughi most probably will celebrate too much and won't be focused :d but we will see. nothing is impossible in shooting. I will be very happy if they end up with the bronze. in that case you can take the gold :d

Yeah even I thought that he was going to shoot with his left hand ??

How are the graphics in ISSF events usually? Do they at least have the total standings/scores during the finals? I tried to watch the men's final when it wasn't live anymore today, but that's just impossible (can't use live scores when not watching live), they barely show anything of how the competition is going at all..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

How are the graphics in ISSF events usually? Do they at least have the total standings/scores during the finals? I tried to watch the men's final when it wasn't live anymore today, but that's just impossible (can't use live scores when not watching live), they barely show anything of how the competition is going at all..

it's more or less the same. they show the ranking only after the end of each round. I mean even during those elimination shots, we don't know the ranking after the first shot. (unless you check the website simultaneously)

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

it's more or less the same. they show the ranking only after the end of each round. I mean even during those elimination shots, we don't know the ranking after the first shot. (unless you check the website simultaneously)

Wow, I had imagined at ISSF events it'd be different. Like a simple 'tower' of scores somewhere on the left of the screen, updated with every shot. That should be so easy to do and improve the ease of following it so enormously :yikes: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I feel like the graphics score in shooting hasn't changed at all in the last 25 years. I remember how they looked in Atlanta and it's literally the same in Tokyo. Plus they give the overall score after each round ends.

Okay, the target background was yellow back then, now it's green :d

31 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Apparently the shooting qualification are being streamed here by Japanese broadcaster NHK (https://en.sports.nhk.or.jp/olympic/schedules/sports/shooting/)

Not sure if its true or not

I doubt it but I will try tomorrow morning. We need it very much. Thanks for sharing.