website statistics

Shooting at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Yeah, OBS is killing the sport with this, ISSF must be pissed. Just based on this coverage most people would say that shooting doesn't deserve to be a 15 gold medal discipline because it's close to being unwatchable. 

At least in the skeet/trap events you can actually see something being hit and in some of them (like the mixed trap event) the score was shown all the time. I get that you can hardly show a 0,5mm target well, but surely at the very least something like in biathlon, where you can see the results of multiple people at once, isn't impossible in this day and age?

I just genuinely don't understand it.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Is Rapid fire the most consistent shooting event by a mile? It's always the same guys in finals.. the german, the french, the cuban, always some chinese/korean involved as well...

Pistol events are more consistent in general, but yeah, this one is extremely consistent.

#banbestmen

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

Pistol events are more consistent in general, but yeah, this one is extremely consistent.

This got me curious, so: four out of these six were in the Rio final, two of which were in the London final, one of which was already in the Beijing final, where Ralf Schumann took his 5th consecutive medal, illustrating the point even better, besides saying something about Schumann's quality of course :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Kudos for the annoucer, he had it almost perfectly. Surely he did a lot of practice before :d

Obviously it is not so big problem for me. Kikompwa :d

It is mainly about our commentator who can not say it once in his life perfectly, and it is not he had no many chances. The best is still Kvikvompois from Rio :lol: