website statistics

Shooting at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Dolby said:

He has been flawless since the beginning of the year. Red hot form. 

I totally skipped those World Cups, i didnt know that his form has rised even before Tokyo. 

Feel sorry for your compatriot. I expected a medal, TBH.

3 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

I totally skipped those World Cups, i didnt know that his form has rised even before Tokyo. 

Feel sorry for your compatriot. I expected a medal, TBH.

Even we did. He is normally very composed. But, was not at his best since the pandemic. In the end, the form of Faroughi and experience of Mikec and Pang won. Saurabh is still young, this is a valuable learning experience for him. Hopefully, he would win the medal in the Mixed team. 

14 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Even we did. He is normally very composed. But, was not at his best since the pandemic. In the end, the form of Faroughi and experience of Mikec and Pang won. Saurabh is still young, this is a valuable learning experience for him. Hopefully, he would win the medal in the Mixed team. 

In terms of mental stabillity i observe Indian shooters same as Chinese shooters. At least from those times when India was winning olympic medals - Beijing 2008 for e.g.

Lets see what girls will do.

44 minutes ago, sounak said:

Foroughi is a class act. Dont know where he was all these years.

that's what everybody asks here :p he is +40 but still very new to this sport.

btw he is also a nurse and had a tough year (2 year actually) dealing with COVID patients too.

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

btw he is also a nurse and had a tough year (2 year actually) dealing with COVID patients too.

Wow, great history behind this medal!

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

Yeah. I just love his composure and how even when he had the Gold medal virtually in his pocket shot a 10+ score. How are your women's pistol shooters? Will you be leaving one medal for us in the mixed team?

Out of curiousity: why do most of these pistol shooters have their non-shooting hand in the pocket of their sweatpants as if they're waiting for their buddy at the corner of the street? :p 

I'm assuming it's a balance thing?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!