website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Championships 2021

hckošice

EVlpNuEWsAAQecw.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Once again shows that you can’t really take the results in technical disciplines at world champs seriously, especially outside the top 10. The US had one 19th place as the best result of the season and now they have two in the top 15 ...

Germany had a great start, but the last 4 events have been bad, Schmid threw away a 5th medal for Germany. I guess Strasser got back to his normal level, would be interesting to know what he did differently during his amazing run.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, let's be fair...I mean, a few in the medals, sure, but really no gold has gone to anyone that surprising. Faivre might not have been the favourite, but he's far from some random winner of course.

Yes, not a random winner ...

He is 18th in the giant slalom World Cup and his results this season were 26th, 8th, 20th, 16th, 17th and 15th.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

31 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Once again shows that you can’t really take the results in technical disciplines at world champs seriously, especially outside the top 10. The US had one 19th place as the best result of the season and now they have two in the top 15 ...

Germany had a great start, but the last 4 events have been bad, Schmid threw away a 5th medal for Germany. I guess Strasser got back to his normal level, would be interesting to know what he did differently during his amazing run.

Strasser had so many mistakes today ... The problem in the race today was, that the slope was that much faster at the higher Numbers.

Terrible decision to reverse Top 15 only. Laurie Taylor getting Top 5 with Bib 41 would be ultimate kick in the teeth for FIS. What a joke this is (and yeah, I remember the old days like when Tomba went from 15th to 2nd in Lillehammer OG when reversing Top 15 was still the norm).