website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Championships 2021

hckošice

3 hours ago, hckošice said:

it was no :USA but :CRO who withdrew.

Also :POL , :NZL , :BUL and :NED were ahead of Finland, Belgium and Japan but all returned the quota I assume

With the Netherlands only having one male and one female and the female being out for the season with a torn ACL, yeah, I'd assume they returned the quota :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Not like anyone was expecting anything remotely fair in this competition, but wow, FIS truly found another level. The qualification format which was total bullshit, the incredible automatic disadvantage for everyone doing red - blue against those doing blue - red especially with the half second rule....damn. This was a joke, glad it's almost over and we can get back to actual events :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Kind of confused now that I only now see Bassino and Liensberger shared the gold :d 

According to the Dutch commentator, the rule was the fastest second run would be the winner in case of a tie, which was Bassino I think? How come Liensberger has a gold too now? :d 

40 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Kind of confused now that I only now see Bassino and Liensberger shared the gold :d 

According to the Dutch commentator, the rule was the fastest second run would be the winner in case of a tie, which was Bassino I think? How come Liensberger has a gold too now? :d 

The rule doesn't apply in gold or bronze finals (something, probably no one knew before the event, including Liensberger)

1 minute ago, De_Gambassi said:

The rule doesn't apply in gold or bronze finals (something, probably no one knew before the event, including Liensberger)

And the organizers, judging by the way it all went :p 

Thanks though. Fitting end to the competition I'd say, at least in the men's event there really could not be any doubt about who was the best during the day.

Ok, so first part of Mickey Mouse Cup is through, we are waiting for second one.

Slovenia will be competing with skiers, who have not yet competed in Cortina (aside from Slokar in Parrallel), so no expectations today.

- Ana Bucik

- Andreja Slokar

- Rok Ažnoh

- Aljaž Dvornik

12 hours ago, heywoodu said:

And the organizers, judging by the way it all went :p 

Thanks though. Fitting end to the competition I'd say, at least in the men's event there really could not be any doubt about who was the best during the day.

to end the perfect day, just look at the photo in the post #408...

keep in mind that the time keeper had Bassino and Liensberger tied...:whistle: