website statistics

Athletes Retirements Thread

phelps

17 hours ago, LDOG said:

More interested in a career as "influencer" and all that. 

She could have been both a swimmer and an influencer if she wanted. Rebeca Andrade is now an influencer and fashion icon in Brazil, she now has a fortune of more than 1 million dollars, and still she keeps training and has plans to compete at the World Championships this year and in Paris 2024.

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

She could have been both a swimmer and an influencer if she wanted. Rebeca Andrade is now an influencer and fashion icon in Brazil, she now has a fortune of more than 1 million dollars, and still she keeps training and has plans to compete at the World Championships this year and in Paris 2024.

Does she stream on twitch on semi regular basis tho? Because that's the kind of stuff this girl was doing :lol: other than befriending garbage popular musicians and streaming celebrities.

6 hours ago, dcro said:

Oh, right, Delfi Pignatiello. :coffee:

Actually, I think she was the 3rd most followed active swimmer in the world on IG behind pop star Cody Simpson and rock star (?) Ryan Lochte, ahead the likes of Dressel, Ledecky and Peaty.

1 hour ago, NMQ said:

Actually, I think she was the 3rd most followed active swimmer in the world on IG behind pop star Cody Simpson and rock star (?) Ryan Lochte, ahead the likes of Dressel, Ledecky and Peaty.

For a moment I thought that the gazillion events in swimming made me completely forget this guy after last year's Olympics and that's why I'd never heard of him, but he wasn't at the Olympics, so that explains that :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, NMQ said:

Does not surprise me. Social media is largely a can of worms for me, but in Latin America it reaches a whole new level. It's the only explanation as to why someone like Henrique Avancini ends up having a cult following.

#banbestmen

32 minutes ago, dcro said:

Does not surprise me. Social media is largely a can of worms for me, but in Latin America it reaches a whole new level. It's the only explanation as to why someone like Henrique Avancini ends up having a cult following.

Mountainbike is absolutely huge in Brazil...

Spoiler

...ian social media. I think 70% of Bruna's followers on Facebook specifically are still from her mountainbike time :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

yeah, just look at Federica Pellegrini, just staying in the swimming pool...

she's been a great swimmer for 17 years and at the same time she's become a star in the Italian media also outside the pool (mainstream TV networks included, not only the social media, which is a world apart for me -I know, I'm getting really old :old:)...

• 4 weeks later...

:GRE 37 yo Georgios Printezis (basketball)

He was selected by the San Antonio Spurs in the 2007 NBA Draft, although he never played in the NBA. He spent most of his career playing for Olympiacos, where he was a 2x Euroleague champion (2012 and 2013), was named to the All-Euroleague First Team (2017) and also was named to the Euroleague 2010-20 All-Decade Team :thumbup:

He was a member of the national team for many years, competing at the 2008 Olympics and winning bronze at Eurobasket 2009.