website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

40 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

First thing I did was check to see if Bode Miller was on there. He isn't, which is excellent (his commentary in 2018 was... not good).

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

No Tim Singer for the luge :(

Damn. I love Olympics, but I hate this broadcasting thing meaning right at the most important moment, we often can't enjoy the commentators we enjoy throughout the season. I want luge with Tim Singer and nobody else. I want bobsleigh and skeleton with Martin Haven and John Morgan and nobody else. During the summer, I want the mountainbiking with Bart Brentjens and the other guy who's name I forget but who's voice I strongly have in my mind. And so on.

Ya, would be great if he was there. John Morgan is just a treasure, though. "The articulation of the sled!"

I actually miss when Singer and Morgan used to do bobsleigh commentary together.

8 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Ya, would be great if he was there. John Morgan is just a treasure, though. "The articulation of the sled!"

Articulation is a real thing though, as in, a part of a bobled.

Personally I prefer: "He stopped the bleeding", "Speed... pedestrian", "More hits than Elvis" and "Look at that........ AIRBORNE!". :p

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Personally I prefer: "He stopped the bleeding", "Speed... pedestrian", "More hits than Elvis" and "Look at that........ AIRBORNE!". :p

It's more the way he says it that sticks with me. He really overemphasizes every part of the word "articulation" for dramatic effect.

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

"Speed merchant!"

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

25 minutes ago, NearPup said:

First thing I did was check to see if Bode Miller was on there. He isn't, which is excellent (his commentary in 2018 was... not good).

I actually miss when Singer and Morgan used to do bobsleigh commentary together.

Bode has some decent insight, but his excitement level wasn't there.  It's almost like he wasn't that interested in watching someone else in the ski races he used to be in.  NBC had announced Ligety would be there a couple of weeks ago, glad he's on board.  Curious to see if Porino is in Stamford or Beijing.  Either way, he's the most consistent thing in NBC's alpine coverage all these years.

No idea what the story with Singer is.  They used him in 2002, but haven't had him on there since.  Not that I mind Leigh Diffey.  And yes, incredible to still have John Morgan.  I think this will be his 11th Olympics for American television.  He's been around so long, he did 2 Games for ABC.  "SPEEEEED!"

34 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

No Tim Singer for the luge :(

Damn. I love Olympics, but I hate this broadcasting thing meaning right at the most important moment, we often can't enjoy the commentators we enjoy throughout the season. I want luge with Tim Singer and nobody else. I want bobsleigh and skeleton with Martin Haven and John Morgan and nobody else. During the summer, I want the mountainbiking with Bart Brentjens and the other guy who's name I forget but who's voice I strongly have in my mind. And so on.

Tell me about it. It was pure horror when Eurosport had lost the rights for a few Games here and we had to deal with the national broadcaster and some other private channels. Thankfully, now it's back to normal and the commentators that do the sports all the time are going to call the Games. :thumbup:

https://www.tpenoc.net/news/beijing2022-team-tpe-participate-opening-and-closing-ceremony/

According to :TPE NOC website, Chinese Taipei decides to participate Beijing Olympics opening and closing ceremony after negotiations with IOC and claiming it will overcome the traffic difficulties and Covid-19 protocols concerns. Different from the enthusiasm to report its withdrawal, I didn’t see any English media report it yet. So you guys would be first batch of English users to know it.

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

Hope Porino is the main analyst, and Ligety has a more secondary role.

52 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

Curious to see if Porino is in Stamford or Beijing.  Either way, he's the most consistent thing in NBC's alpine coverage all these years.

Interestingly, Porinio has been doing all his WC announcing from his basement in Sun Valley.