website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Wait, ice hockey mask, right. That makes a lot more sense than what I was thinking, sorry :facepalm:

Hide contents

MedicalFaceMask2.jpg

yeah haha, my mistake, sorry buddy. The mask is basically a commonly used slang term. the more official name is the face-cage (wire cage) :)

16 minutes ago, hckošice said:

yeah haha, my mistake, sorry buddy. The mask is basically a commonly used slang term. the more official name is the face-cage (wire cage) :)

Not like back in the 60s when the dentist nearest the hockey stadium was always the richest guy in town.

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Gotta solidify that gold medal (and maybe a second medal) in the pairs competition :p

Though to be fair even without the host nation boost they had a decent chance for those medals. The other three events would have to be pretty blatant for them to have a chance at a medal. Same for the team event, but given the format it could screw Canada's small chance at a bronze against Japan.

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Yeah, that's not a happy call in my opinion based on his "famous" past ..... Moreover, China has more than enough 1st class figure skating judges. So they could have easily chosen anyone else ....

18 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Yeah, that's not a happy call in my opinion based on his "famous" past ..... Moreover, China has more than enough 1st class figure skating judges. So they could have easily chosen anyone else ....

The problem is that federations chose the judges they send when they win a spot on the panel, and obviously for federations that have skaters in contention the first criteria is who is going to advantage their skaters the most, not who is the best judge. As long as national federations pick judges this will be a problem.

37 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

No Tim Singer for the luge :(

Damn. I love Olympics, but I hate this broadcasting thing meaning right at the most important moment, we often can't enjoy the commentators we enjoy throughout the season. I want luge with Tim Singer and nobody else. I want bobsleigh and skeleton with Martin Haven and John Morgan and nobody else. During the summer, I want the mountainbiking with Bart Brentjens and the other guy who's name I forget but who's voice I strongly have in my mind. And so on.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!