website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

As a person who has experiences quite enough in journalist world ..... Just wonder why to release such a article.  I know there might be some ppl doubting this issue in the world but releasing such kind of article is kinda what they want .... https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202201/29/WS61f52f96a310cdd39bc842e8.html

As for me, we can already see some athletes, personnel and other people who tested positive after arriving to Beijing but there has been silence about Chinese athletes so far ..... I don't want to offend of our Chinese members here in totallympics or anywhere else ..... But what if a Chinese athlete or team member gets covid positive? Will it be released into the world of media or social media? Can everybody be sure that Chinese authorities will not just try to cover the positive covid test result and let the athlete compete because he/she is a medal contestant? Me, after living in China for almost 7 years, I have always been hoping for the good changes. And as I see some pre-Olympic feedback from athletes and others, it looks good. I just truly hope everything will stay FAIR PLAY from the Chinese side. Because I honestly wish them to organize successful Olympics in fair play spirit without any cover ups..... Nobody is interested in second Sochi and their "sample swapping game" .... So I truly hope for their fair play Games by all means. Because this is the only way, how they can earn more respect from the entire world. 

加油· !!

On 1/26/2022 at 5:15 PM, hckošice said:

First 5 :SVK Athletes have just departed to Beijing. :)

Klaudia Medlová (Snowboarding) and 4 of the five members Luge Team (the young Marián Skupek will fly in the next days)

Good Luck, enjoy your stay and stay healthy guys ! :cheer:

260122odchody_post_7.jpg?itok=kwigvJd1

260122odchody_post_5.jpg?itok=Dh12fbkd

Klaudia Medlová will be just like in PyeongChang 2018 again our sole Snowboarder also in Beijing and will compete just like 4 years ago in Slopestyle and Big Air competitions.

3-b96c3bd816771500cfc1375c6c4a676557fac9

4 of the 5 SVK Luge members team before their departure to the Olympics:

from Left second coach Rastislav Drajna, Tomáš Vaverčák (Doubles & Relay), our Luge team head coach, former :CZE Olympian Lukáš Brož, Katarína Šimoňáková (W Singles & Relay), Jozef Ninis (M Singles & Relay) and Matej Zmij (Doubles & Relay)

Beijing will be the 5th Olympics in a row for Ninis, 2nd for Šimoňáková after PC 2018 and the Olympic debut for the duet Vaverčák/Zmij

2nd Group of Athletes (7) have just departed today to the Games

The full Cross-Country Skiing team :

Peter Mlynár - 4th Olympics

Ján Koristek - Olympic Debut

Alena Procházková - 5th Olympics in a row

Barbora Klementová - 2nd Olympics

Kristína Sivoková - Olympic Premiere

the 5th Luge representative Marián Skupek - Olympic Debut

and our sole Bobsleigh participant Viktória Čerňanská - Olympic Debut

odchod.jpeg?itok=vSmJVZik

Bon Voyage guys and stay healthy :fingers:

3 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

As a person who has experiences quite enough in journalist world ..... Just wonder why to release such a article.  I know there might be some ppl doubting this issue in the world but releasing such kind of article is kinda what they want .... https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202201/29/WS61f52f96a310cdd39bc842e8.html

As for me, we can already see some athletes, personnel and other people who tested positive after arriving to Beijing but there has been silence about Chinese athletes so far ..... I don't want to offend of our Chinese members here in totallympics or anywhere else ..... But what if a Chinese athlete or team member gets covid positive? Will it be released into the world of media or social media? Can everybody be sure that Chinese authorities will not just try to cover the positive covid test result and let the athlete compete because he/she is a medal contestant? Me, after living in China for almost 7 years, I have always been hoping for the good changes. And as I see some pre-Olympic feedback from athletes and others, it looks good. I just truly hope everything will stay FAIR PLAY from the Chinese side. Because I honestly wish them to organize successful Olympics in fair play spirit without any cover ups..... Nobody is interested in second Sochi and their "sample swapping game" .... So I truly hope for their fair play Games by all means. Because this is the only way, how they can earn more respect from the entire world. 

加油· !!

You do know how strict China is when it comes to the virus, they lock doen a city for one month until the virus is wiped out. Citizens are very compliant at the restrictions there. No wonder their athletes dont test positive, their athletes takes the threat of the virus seriously. 

4 hours ago, opruh said:

You do know how strict China is when it comes to the virus, they lock doen a city for one month until the virus is wiped out. Citizens are very compliant at the restrictions there. No wonder their athletes dont test positive, their athletes takes the threat of the virus seriously. 

Sure, I am aware of that. I live in this system since the covid outbreak has started. But I am talking about it especially from the perspective of organizers and government...... I know their athletes take the virus very seriously, I can see that on foreign athletes as well. Yet, they test positive. And the chinese athletes also travel the world and participate the world cups ....... Well, as I said. I have faith and believe that the Games will be really great and fair by all means🙂💪

On 1/21/2022 at 11:31 AM, hckošice said:

According to this, they will :)https://olympics.com/en/beijing-2022/where-to-watch

Watch the Winter Olympics from the Opening Ceremony to amazing celebrations of athletes from around the world. You will be able to watch every moment of the Olympic Games Beijing 2022 live thanks to the Official Olympic Broadcast Partners. They will bring all the excitement and drama of the Olympic Games to you, live and on-demand, with the most comprehensive, relevant and tailored offerings wherever you are.

And now we have some very little of it shown live on TV ( public broadcaster free to air) and on their YouTube channel (1 sport per day )A detailed schedule is not given but the promo was largely restricted to Short Track, alpine, luge . Short Track makes since the timings are in the evening which can be more noticed than a event in the morning or afternoon. 

Olympics.com will show all live streams which won't be blocked. 

A couple of minutes ago the 3rd group departed to Beijing.

This time including only 1 athlete (but with her entire team staff and about one ton of material. In addition to 30 pairs of skis :d(10 pairs of Slalom skis, 10 pairs of Giant Slalom skis and 5 pairs of Downhill skis and 5 pairs of Super-G skis) also different poles, ski boots (8 pairs, 3 of them are pairs for Slalom and 3 pairs for Giant Slalom), racing suits and olympic uniforms, there are also various waxes and other necessary things for training and competitions. :p

The skis are packed in special bags, they are usually packed in pairs, around 35 pieces of luggage. Also a couple of aluminium boxes where the servicemen packed their things for service. They took also tables for preparing skis and finally also a normal luggage.

Petra Vlhová and her team are right now flying to Dauha and from there to Beijing where she is expected to land Tomorrow shortly afternoon local time, early morning in Slovakia.

It will be already her 3rd Winter Olympics. This time (baring covid or injury disasters) she will compete in Slalom, Giant Slalom, Alpine Combined and Super-G.

Remember Slovakia will face France in the Team Event 1st round, and I can already hear the huge rock of relief that dropped from the :FRA  fans, skiers and federation :p since Petra will not start in the Team Event, she will be already in the flight back to Europe (Team Event, Day 15) Her last race the Alpine Combined is Day 13.

Vn4ktkpTURBXy83YzRlMWJiYTMxYTIzOGY5MGIxN

290122odchod_vlhova_2.jpg?itok=NHLy7i3b

290122odchod_vlhova_3.jpg?itok=dqX_aAFz

Good Luck Petra, stay healthy and return back home after the games satisfied with your performance. :fingers::cheer:

Since some people might not check the ski jumping thread I'll post this here too: #1 gold favorite in women's ski jumping :AUT Marita Kramer tested positive and she is still in Germany which makes her Olympic start highly questionable.