website statistics
Jump to content

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News


 Share

Recommended Posts

Peacock (NBC's streaming service in the US) has finally added a page for the Olympics. All the world feeds, plus the network and cable broadcasts, will be available online in the US for the first time without a cable subscription (behind a five dollar paywall, but that's still significantly cheaper than a month of cable).

 

Not to sound like a shill but all my fellow US-based Totallympians really owe it to themselves to get Peacock (they carry all FIS, ISU and IBU world cup and world championship events, among other sportsball related stuff).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Peacock (NBC's streaming service in the US) has finally added a page for the Olympics. All the world feeds, plus the network and cable broadcasts, will be available online in the US for the first time without a cable subscription (behind a five dollar paywall, but that's still significantly cheaper than a month of cable).

 

Not to sound like a shill but all my fellow US-based Totallympians really owe it to themselves to get Peacock (they carry all FIS, ISU and IBU world cup and world championship events, among other sportsball related stuff).

The one question I have yet to see answered, with the streaming world feed, will Peacock use OBS announcers or NBC's, or none? 

For the US-based international sports fan, Peacock's Olympic coverage is the best thing since well, the Triplecast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Peacock (NBC's streaming service in the US) has finally added a page for the Olympics. All the world feeds, plus the network and cable broadcasts, will be available online in the US for the first time without a cable subscription (behind a five dollar paywall, but that's still significantly cheaper than a month of cable).

 

Not to sound like a shill but all my fellow US-based Totallympians really owe it to themselves to get Peacock (they carry all FIS, ISU and IBU world cup and world championship events, among other sportsball related stuff).

Do you know If it would work with a US VPN?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Do you know If it would work with a US VPN?

Tried it with Nord VPN and it seems to work. Never tried to access it w/ a VPN while outside the US, though, so YMMV. There is a free tier (that doesn't include live sports), you can always test it with that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Do you know If it would work with a US VPN?

There might be an issue with paying the $5/month fee.  I think you would need a USD credit card. But can't say for certain.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like most Europeans, I will be following the Olympics on the Eurosport Player. I am considering reverting back to the national broadcaster for some sports though, as I watched almost everything during the Tokyo Olympics with OBS commentators, which feels weird in retrospect. OBS commentators are really not that great. :p


Also, as planned, I will not be taking any vacation days. This will limit my experience to the night sessions / late-afternoon replays during weekdays, and full-day programs only on weekends. On the bright side, this should stop me from burning out...

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NearPup said:

Peacock (NBC's streaming service in the US) has finally added a page for the Olympics. All the world feeds, plus the network and cable broadcasts, will be available online in the US for the first time without a cable subscription (behind a five dollar paywall, but that's still significantly cheaper than a month of cable).

 

Not to sound like a shill but all my fellow US-based Totallympians really owe it to themselves to get Peacock (they carry all FIS, ISU and IBU world cup and world championship events, among other sportsball related stuff).

1 hour ago, Triplecast said:

The one question I have yet to see answered, with the streaming world feed, will Peacock use OBS announcers or NBC's, or none? 

For the US-based international sports fan, Peacock's Olympic coverage is the best thing since well, the Triplecast.

What an age we live in that Canadians are talking about getting a VPN to watch American coverage rather than the other way around!

 

Worth noting that cable-authenticated users will be able to get coverage through the NBC Sports App and through nbcolympics.com as they have in the past.  The addition of Peacock is a major game-changer for cord-cutters, especially after the mess they made of Tokyo.  And to @NearPup's point.. I subscribed as of a couple of weeks ago and have been watching a lot of biathlon.  We'll see if I keep it after the Paralympics.

 

@Triplecast My best guess is that anything airing on cable in the US will be the NBC announcers and the rest (think all the curling and hockey not on TV) will be the OBS feed, but likely with announcers.  I have my spreadsheet (linked in my signature) to keep track.  Stay connected either here or on Twitter to help me stay updated

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, hckošice said:

oh man, this guy. this guy is a one of a kind :d

 

IOC President Bach (Germany, Olympic Champion, Fencing, 1976)

 

Fixed :teacher:

 

8 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

Political leaders and Royal family members who will attend Beijing 2022 Olympics

 

Asia:

 

Turkmenistan President Berdymuhamedov

 

Just to confirm, is this Gurbanguly Mälikgulyýevich Berdymuhamedov, or some other Gurbanguly Berdymuhamedov? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Triplecast said:

There might be an issue with paying the $5/month fee.  I think you would need a USD credit card. But can't say for certain.  

Almost certainly the case, had this same debate with a guy here in July.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...