website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

I have, like the past year, no idea about where put my stats, so I'll do it here :p

All the podiums won in stages of the World Cup or World Championships in the Olympic winter sports of the four-year period 2018-2022 are included in the post (ski mountaineering is therefore excluded).

This week, the second of the season, 13 events took place: 4 in Vancouver (Figure Skating) and 9 in Nagoya (Short Track):

1. :USA 05 02 04 11
  2. :NED 04 04 01 09
  3. :CHN 04 03 03 10
  4. :RUS 04 03 02 09
  5. :KOR 03 03 05 11
  6. :ITA 03 02 02 07
  7. :CAN 02 02 05 09
  8. :SUI 02 02 00 04
  9. :HUN 01 02 02 05
  10. :JPN 01 02 00 03
  11. :AUT 01 02 00 03
  12. :POL 01 01 00 02
  13. :FRA 01 00 00 01
  14. :KAZ 00 01 02 03
  15. :FIN 00 01 00 01
  16. :NOR 00 00 01 01
  17. :SVK 00 00 01 01
  18. :SWE 00 00 01 01
  19. :SLO 00 00 01 01
  20. :ESP 00 00 01 01

All the podiums won in stages of the World Cup or World Championships in the Olympic winter sports of the four-year period 2018-2022 are included in the post (ski mountaineering is therefore excluded).

The 3rd week of the winter season had 5 events: 4 in figure skating and 1 in bobsleight. 

1. :RUS 05 05 04 14
  2. :USA 05 04 04 13
  3. :CHN 05 04 03 10 
  4. :NED 04 04 01 09
  5. :KOR 03 03 05 11
  6. :CAN 03 02 05 10
  7. :ITA 03 02 03 08
  8. :SUI 02 02 00 04
  9. :JPN 02 02 00 04
  10. :FRA 02 00 00 02
  11. :HUN 01 02 02 05
  12. :AUT 01 02 00 03
  13. :POL 01 01 00 02
  14. :KAZ 00 01 02 03
  15. :FIN 00 01 00 01
  16. :NOR 00 00 01 01
  17. :SVK 00 00 01 01
  18. :SWE 00 00 01 01
  19. :SLO 00 00 01 01
  20. :ESP 00 00 01 01
  21. :BEL 00 00 01 01 
  22. :JAM 00 00 01 01

It's not really news, but I had no idea where else to ask it, so here we go. Is there any news on whether or not China will allow the thousands of athletes to use their regular social media in the Olympic village or something? On one hand I can imagine there being some relaxation of rules for such a huge and incredibly international event, on the other hand it's China, so it's hard to get a sense on it...

@Vic Liu Have you heard anything about this by any chance?

In my case it's of course mostly about how to stay in touch with @brunamoura if she qualifies, since she'll be there for three weeks or so in that case. We generally use WhatsApp, but yeah.... :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It's not really news, but I had no idea where else to ask it, so here we go. Is there any news on whether or not China will allow the thousands of athletes to use their regular social media in the Olympic village or something? On one hand I can imagine there being some relaxation of rules for such a huge and incredibly international event, on the other hand it's China, so it's hard to get a sense on it...

In my case it's of course mostly about how to stay in touch with @brunamoura if she qualifies, since she'll be there for three weeks or so in that case. We generally use WhatsApp, but yeah.... :p

I suggest We chat... use that temporarily. I used that while in Asia

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Never heard of vpn, tons of Chinese are in twitter thanks to vpn. 

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Using VPN is the most practical way. It’s not strict even for Chinese like me so it should be absolutely fine for foreigners in China. Still a little inconvenient I know but you have to learn to compromise in China.

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I remember during World Athletic Champs in Beijing, the organizers allowed athletes to have access anywhere online but only in the hotel where they lived. So they didn't have to bother use their own VPN. But as for the Olympics, maybe BOCOG is planning something similar. If not, VPN is not that expensive so every athlete can afford it. 

3 hours ago, intoronto said:

I suggest We chat... use that temporarily. I used that while in Asia

Don't know, man. I guess they don't dont even have their account on wechat or any followers. Would be useless for them😅😅

7 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

I remember during World Athletic Champs in Beijing, the organizers allowed athletes to have access anywhere online but only in the hotel where they lived. So they didn't have to bother use their own VPN. But as for the Olympics, maybe BOCOG is planning something similar. If not, VPN is not that expensive so every athlete can afford it. 

Don't know, man. I guess they don't dont even have their account on wechat or any followers. Would be useless for them😅😅

You don't need any followers or something to simply be able to stay in touch with the people back home :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!