website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

So this happened. Our team received the hockey jerseys with names before the match and nobody noticed this :lol:

20221002_zoh_hokej_svk_fin_36842966.jpeg

Juraj Slafkovský was somehow renamed to Slafkovksy :p Our team noticed it only after Juraj scored his second goal :lol: We obviously asked for a correction.

Btw Juraj is only the second ever 17 years old player to score 2 goals in 1 match at the Olympics after the :USA Jack Kirane who scored 3 goals against poland in 1948 ! and the second youngest player to ever score at least one goal at the Olympics after another 17 years old :USA  Ed Olczyk in Sarajevo 1984.

Poland 😉

On 2/10/2022 at 1:29 PM, hckošice said:

So this happened. Our team received the hockey jerseys with names before the match and nobody noticed this :lol:

20221002_zoh_hokej_svk_fin_36842966.jpeg

Juraj Slafkovský was somehow renamed to Slafkovksy :p Our team noticed it only after Juraj scored his second goal :lol: We obviously asked for a correction.

Btw Juraj is only the second ever 17 years old player to score 2 goals in 1 match at the Olympics after the :USA Jack Kirane who scored 3 goals against poland in 1948 ! and the second youngest player to ever score at least one goal at the Olympics after another 17 years old :USA  Ed Olczyk in Sarajevo 1984.

The kid scored today again. We scored 3 goals so far and all by "Slaf" youngest player of the tournament, youngest player ever to score in two games and youngest player ever to score at least 3 goals at the Olympics...youngest athlete of the whole :SVK  Beijing 2022 delegation :lol:

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Was he drafted by NHL club already? Even Polish TV said he was the best Slovakian player thus far so I presume he will make more noise internationally really soon ;)

He is 2004 so he is this year Draft eligible just like Šimon Nemec who assisted to his goal today, both are expeced to be 1st rounders, Slaf top 5, Nemec top 15 and there one more Filip Mešar who was not called for Beijing but is expected to be also drafted in 1st round around top 20.

Yeah quite good 2004 year for us in general, but Slaf was always considered as one of our biggest talents ever. mind you he played the U20 worlds, Olympic qualification and senior world chaps this year, now he is at the Olympics and still should play in April the U18 worlds :p Not sure if this already happened somewhere

Beijing olympics are so entertaining to me. I'd like to say it loudly - I love them very much!

But it's hard to focus on the games, when you hear all the time about tense geopolitacal situation all over... let's call it: Eurasia?!

Hopefully no sh*t happens until the end of the games at least.

Because, frankly, after that, I can't see near future in the bright colours ;-( But hope I'm wrong here.

My, oh my...

World, mainly USA media put Slaf in the same "group" with Eileen Gu and Kamila Valieva...not sure he is really happy to be mentioned with the last one though https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/winter-olympics/olympics-ice-hockey-slovakian-teen-turns-into-games-goal-machine/ar-AATNqdN :p

However, anybody to join the hype train ? choo-choo