website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

3 hours ago, dcro said:

OBS commentators are really not that great. :p

The amount of times I've heard the taekwondo commentator say "Open stance, but no open scoring" is larger than the number of scored points in all finals combined..

In my case most things I care about will be on Dutch TV (speed skating), German TV (biathlon, ski jumping, sliding sports) and/or regular Eurosport (biathlon, cross-country). The rest I'll probably see on Eurosport Player indeed.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 minutes ago, opruh said:

You have to admit that the high number of leaders attending Beijing is shocking if you consider the omicron threat and the boycott push from the west. Just shows how powerful China is becoming.

Mostly just neighbours who are too scared to not attend.

#banbestmen

On 1/23/2022 at 11:48 PM, Agger said:

I don't think so, but I'm not sure.

Apparently I was wrong. Eurosport will also show the Games here in Denmark.

They'll even have their own studio, but I doubt I'll watch it. It really doesn't feel serious when they just select some stand-up comedian as one of the hosts. He even says himself that he doesn't know much about sports.

Won't watch that much of these games. Just starting a new job on tuesday, but I'm planning to watch a bit for my breakfast and a few events after coming home and some highlights from others.

27 minutes ago, dcro said:

Mostly just neighbours who are too scared to not attend.

I did not know that China has neighbors in the center of EU. 

Anyway I like the rooms for the athletes, plus the bed here is better compared to the last one.

3 hours ago, Griff88 said:

Everyone talking about broadcasters while I just staring at that empty column next to "Indonesia" in the "Where To Watch" list :lol:

It sucks we are on the same situation with :PRK and :MYA 

Aren't you able to subscribe to the Eurosport Player? The cost isn't that big for one month, and you won't have to worry of missing anything.

3 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Aren't you able to subscribe to the Eurosport Player? The cost isn't that big for one month, and you won't have to worry of missing anything.

You can also get a VPN and "be" in Canada to watch on CBC.  Astrill is $20 for a month.  

22 hours ago, NearPup said:

Peacock (NBC's streaming service in the US) has finally added a page for the Olympics. All the world feeds, plus the network and cable broadcasts, will be available online in the US for the first time without a cable subscription (behind a five dollar paywall, but that's still significantly cheaper than a month of cable).

Not to sound like a shill but all my fellow US-based Totallympians really owe it to themselves to get Peacock (they carry all FIS, ISU and IBU world cup and world championship events, among other sportsball related stuff).

Here in :GBR Eurosport are adding their extra channels to the Sky Satellite & Virgin Cable channels on Tuesday.

Those will give you pretty much 100% coverage of the Games, unless you have a pressing need for the four simultaneous curling & the two simultaneous hockey streams.

A fun moment from social media…

:AUT has signs on the floor of their building that say NO (with a crossed out kangaroo) Australia, so of course Ferlazzo left them a kangaroo :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela