website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Like most Europeans, I will be following the Olympics on the Eurosport Player. I am considering reverting back to the national broadcaster for some sports though, as I watched almost everything during the Tokyo Olympics with OBS commentators, which feels weird in retrospect. OBS commentators are really not that great. :p

Quality is extremely variable. Given that they are mostly :AUS :NZL & :RSA tennis, rugby & cricket commentators in their day jobs, I wouldn’t get my hopes up. Even the :CAN won’t be great beyond hockey & curling.

1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

Quality is extremely variable. Given that they are mostly :AUS :NZL & :RSA tennis, rugby & cricket commentators in their day jobs, I wouldn’t get my hopes up. Even the :CAN won’t be great beyond hockey & curling.

Craig McMorris would like a word 

Ifykyk

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Like most Europeans, I will be following the Olympics on the Eurosport Player. I am considering reverting back to the national broadcaster for some sports though, as I watched almost everything during the Tokyo Olympics with OBS commentators, which feels weird in retrospect. OBS commentators are really not that great. :p

Also, as planned, I will not be taking any vacation days. This will limit my experience to the night sessions / late-afternoon replays during weekdays, and full-day programs only on weekends. On the bright side, this should stop me from burning out...

No off days for me as well, even though i initially had planned some. But lot's of work and projects and a promotion from late last year, means i don't have the luxury of leaving the ship until things get in order. On the bright side though, i arranged to work from home, so i can still watch everything and do some work in the meantime :d :woohoo:

Winter Olympics aren't that stacked and the main Eurosport channels with our very good BG commentators will be the go to source, but i will still get the Eurosport Player for the extra stuff, that will be overlapping. (mainly the sled sports, which never get good TV coverage..)

If your countries have tens of thousands of cases and even hundreds of thousands daily like some countries in europe and north america, then the Chinese tests are definitely accurate for athletes from such countries. Please understand that there will be no special treatment in Beijing since such testing is necessary for the safety of the Chinese people.

5 hours ago, dcro said:

Grand total of 10 athletes between these nations. Many of them 0, including Tajikistan with all those magnificant mountains.... :wacko:

You have to admit that the high number of leaders attending Beijing is shocking if you consider the omicron threat and the boycott push from the west. Just shows how powerful China is becoming.