website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

4 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Yeah, I totally get it. You know, but if you look at Tokyo Games, mostly spectators were the team members who weren't competing that day ...... If Beijing wants to extend this, they need to consider more possibilities ...... If not school, then it should be some partners and sponsors and their family members but it still not as high amount as they might need. I am afraid the athmosphere will be dead again .....

I am not worried about at all. If with no enough volunteer spectators, government will organize some professional cheerleader teams.:p

17 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Yeah, I totally get it. You know, but if you look at Tokyo Games, mostly spectators were the team members who weren't competing that day ...... If Beijing wants to extend this, they need to consider more possibilities ...... If not school, then it should be some partners and sponsors and their family members but it still not as high amount as they might need. I am afraid the athmosphere will be dead again .....

I can't say too much right now, but there are things happening through various businesses and organizations to get people in the stands, including non-Chinese spectators.  You have to be in Beijing, and not leave Beijing, as well as other restrictions, but there is no shortage of interest.  Things can change, especially with this new case in the city, but having a diverse audience seems to be one of their priorities.  

1 hour ago, orangeman said:

I can't say too much right now, but there are things happening through various businesses and organizations to get people in the stands, including non-Chinese spectators.  You have to be in Beijing, and not leave Beijing, as well as other restrictions, but there is no shortage of interest.  Things can change, especially with this new case in the city, but having a diverse audience seems to be one of their priorities.  

So ppl from other provinces will most likely not be allowed in the stands? Even though I obtained the tickets somehow, I would not be allowed to enter Beijing or maybe later the stadium?

Edited by Jan Linha
Typo

10 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

So ppl from other provinces will most likely not be allowed in the stands? Even though I obtained the tickets somehow, I would not be allowed to enter Beijing or maybe later the stadium?

I don't know.  I was told you had to be in Beijing for 14 days before and after the event you are attending, self-reporting with tests.  If you already have tickets then maybe there are exceptions, but even being in Beijing we'll see what these new cases here does to everything.  I've learned never to expect nice things the last 2 years.  

It is amazing how we as public can check so many Olympic updates and know info earlier then some media. Speaking of quota, reallocations, etc. And not only winter games but also summer games, e.g. Judo, Badminton, Athletics, etc   But I remember couple Olympic back it wasn't like that. Does anybody remember when FIS or other organizations started showing all these Olympic quota and allocation information to public? For me, big thumb up, hope all organisations of Olympic sports will be doing this in the future ...