website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

10 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Sort of true. I was off for the last three Winter Olympics lol

I think the last time I haven't been off for the Olympic Games (Summer or Winter...it's the same) was in 1988 (Seoul), when I was too young to skip school in the first 2 weeks of the year...meanwhile I remember missing whole 2 school weeks in 1992 (Albertville)...

luckily, from 1994 on, I've always been capable of taking my time for the Games (until and except for 2012, when my boss at the time didn't want to cooperate and let me take my vacation period at the same time of the Olympics and so I resigned from the job :yikes: :facepalm:)...

18 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I have a good doc for 20 EUR will prescribe a sick leave for as many days as you want

That's not called fraud in Slovakia? :p 

I'm definitely planning to use my free days next year whenever the Olympics are, assuming and hoping I still have my job then :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That's not called fraud in Slovakia? :p 

I'm definitely planning to use my free days next year whenever the Olympics are, assuming and hoping I still have my job then :d 

silly westerners. immediately to use such words. :p  we rather call it mutual beneficial trade. :lol:

1 hour ago, phelps said:

I think the last time I haven't been off for the Olympic Games (Summer or Winter...it's the same) was in 1988 (Seoul), when I was too young to skip school in the first 2 weeks of the year...meanwhile I remember missing whole 2 school weeks in 1992 (Albertville)...

luckily, from 1994 on, I've always been capable of taking my time for the Games (until and except for 2012, when my boss at the time didn't want to cooperate and let me take my vacation period at the same time of the Olympics and so I resigned from the job :yikes: :facepalm:)...

I literally had to beg my boss in 2012 to get the time off. "You don't understand how much the Olympics mean to me, I MUST have the time off" After thinking about it he said sure go ahead lol

As much as I'd like to be in Beijing, I am not sure about if I want to be there as a volunteer or not.

On 22/11/2020 at 10:42, Quaker2001 said:

Full competition schedule attached.

And to answer your other question, all of the biathlon events start around 17:00, so that should be late morning for you in Germany

Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games Competition Schedule Version 7.pdf 287.3 kB · 64 downloads

I really like the new event order for Biathlon. Especially the bit about not finishing on three back to back relays.

On 22/11/2020 at 17:49, Gianlu33 said:

I have no idea about where I should drop this post, so, I'm here :p

Like every years, since almost 7 years, I collect the winter podiums by nations (only Olympics Sport counts, obliviously). This year i decide to exclude the Figure Skating GP because this year their aren't the top circuit. Curling WC is missing for the 2nd year in a row.

Standing after 3 weeks:

Reveal hidden contents

The 4th week is gone. It was the 1st week for biathlon, cross-country and luge. And ski jumping, nordic combined, alpine skiing, bob, skeleton had events too. Norway do a big improvement but Germany lead again thw ranking.

Standing after 4 weeks:

Spoiler
  1. :GER 13 15 09 37
  2. :NOR 12 06 05 23
  3. :AUT 05 05 04 14
  4. :SVK 03 00 01 04
  5. :SWE 02 03 05 10
  6. :LAT 02 03 01 06
  7. :ITA 02 01 02 05
  8. :FRA 02 00 00 02
  9. :SUI 01 03 05 09
  10. :RUS 00 04 02 06
  11. :USA 00 02 00 02
  12. :POL 00 01 03 04
  13. :NED 00 01 01 02
  14. :CHN 00 00 01 01
  15. :JPN 00 00 01 01
  16. :GBR 00 00 01 01

There’s a full run of the Yanqing track from the men’s luge start at the end of this video. I believe the slider is none other than the pride of the Slovakian police force, Jozef Ninis @hckosice

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela