website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

Amateurs. It's obvious IOC doesn't give a flying rat about Tibet. These protests were much stronger before 2008 SOG and obviously achieved absolutely nothing. World has moved on from the Tibet issue some time ago already. Nobody likes to fight a losing war for too long.

On 10/18/2021 at 4:21 PM, Olympian1010 said:

If Soberanis fails to qualify, then she will be removed from the list of candidates.

I'm assuming everyone who doesn't qualify will be removed from this list? Although probably not, since Fourcade is on there and definitely won't qualify :d 

Slightly surprised to see Mourão going for it. She is part of the athletes' commission in both the Brazilian snow sports federation and the Brazilian cycling federation (president even, I believe), so at least she is familiar with these kind of things. I do hope the IOC athletes' commission does more than the Brazilian snow sports federation's one though, which I think met once or twice (online) in the past two or three years, one of which was simply to confirm the new members.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I'm assuming everyone who doesn't qualify will be removed from this list? Although probably not, since Fourcade is on there and definitely won't qualify :d 

Slightly surprised to see Mourão going for it. She is part of the athletes' commission in both the Brazilian snow sports federation and the Brazilian cycling federation (president even, I believe), so at least she is familiar with these kind of things. I do hope the IOC athletes' commission does more than the Brazilian snow sports federation's one though, which I think met once or twice (online) in the past two or three years, one of which was simply to confirm the new members.

You can atill run if you are retired but competed at the last edition of the games.