website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

35 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Chris Chelios’ kid playing for China will be really weird.

Not As Peter Šťastný both kids playing for USA :d Especially the older one himself alone destroying our Team in that Sochi 2014 opener was really hard to handle :lol:

58 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Must be a hell of a lot money being paid for those without Chinese roots to give up their original citizenship and be Chinese for ever more. 

Eileen Gu is still an American citizen so who knows how strict they are about this.

9 hours ago, NearPup said:

Eileen Gu is still an American citizen so who knows how strict they are about this.

Perhaps part of the deal is they can keep their original citizenship and don’t have to bother with the rules anyone else would have to follow.

Through Nina Schultz/Ninali Zheng has renounced her Canadian citizenship I believe. 

3 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

Through Nina Schultz/Ninali Zheng has renounced her Canadian citizenship I believe. 

That is correct. It’s kind of hard to really know what the rules are / how well enforced they are because there are so few naturalizations in China. Ninali Zheng is a case where an athlete specifically wanted to represent China, she wasn’t recruited. I wonder if the Chinese government will be willing to be more flexible for athletes that they are actively recruiting.

Chinese media quoted BBC reporting that Beijing2022 is expected with full capacity of spectators. Let me put this clear, if authority wants to promote something with controversy then mainstream media will firstly report them quoting from foreign media. If it finds that people support the decision then it will do it. If if finds people oppose it then it will said it's rumor from overseas. Chinese national games will be held from 15th Sep. to 28th Sep. with at least 50% spectators and I bought tickets already. It's also a major test event to decide if spectators will be allowed for WOG.

14 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Chinese media quoted BBC reporting that Beijing2022 is expected with full capacity of spectators. Let me put this clear, if authority wants to promote something with controversy then mainstream media will firstly report them quoting from foreign media. If it finds that people support the decision then it will do it. If if finds people oppose it then it will said it's rumor from overseas. Chinese national games will be held from 15th Sep. to 28th Sep. with at least 50% spectators and I bought tickets already. It's also a major test event to decide if spectators will be allowed for WOG.

Are they considering also foreign visitors or only local fans ?

14 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

I think everyone in China will be allowed but I don't think tourist visas will be issued at this moment.

that's what i thought. :( In any case, at least if the local spectators will be allowed to fill the stands it will be already great. because empty stadiums just sucks too much, and obviously even more at the Olympics