website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Any stamps collector here ? Our Mail service released yesterday a new one :d

JdfktkpTURBXy83MDcwMjIxMTU5OTZmZGU3ZmRmO

I do still have three books pretty full with stamps, but I don't think I've really taken any significant time for that hobby in at least 10 years :d 

These are cool, maybe there's space for them in my books :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 months later...

Today our NOC ceremoniously handed to the athletes the checks with awards for the medals at the Beijing Winter Olympic Games. was about time I mean, it is already june (but, ok, the winter season officially ended last Sunday so...) :p

275 000 EUR for the bronze medalist Ice Hockey team (Beijing 2022 Team captain Marek Hrivík (second from right) received the check in the name of the team)

The team Staff recieved 27 000 EUR

Hrivik%20a%20tim-824x549.jpg?itok=miScbS

And Petra Vlhová Gold medalist in W Slalom received 50 000 EUR (one of her coaches Matej Gemza took the check on her behalf, since Petra is already in full preparation and trainings on snow) Her team staff received 16 500 EUR

Gemza%20za%20Vlhovu-543x583.jpg?itok=gwR

Another pleasant touch took place today, Our NOC after the checks awarding ceremony presented to our Hockey NT coach :CAN Craig Ramsay the Slovak NOC gold badge (order), which is the highest award of our NOC

Ramsay%20so%20Zlatym%20odznakom-704x454.

Also the NOC president informed that Juraj "the son of god" Slafkovský is among the 5 EOC nominated athletes for the "Piotr Nurowski" award fot the best European youth athlete of the year in winter sports !

(the other nominated athletes are Nika Prevc SLO - Ski Jumping, Victoria Olivier - AUT Alpine Skiing, Lorenzo Previtali - ITA Speed Skating and Leon Ulbricht - GER Snowboarding)

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

Today our NOC ceremoniously handed to the athletes the checks with awards for the medals at the Beijing Winter Olympic Games. was about time I mean, it is already june (but, ok, the winter season officially ended last Sunday so...) :p

275 000 EUR for the bronze medalist Ice Hockey team (Beijing 2022 Team captain Marek Hrivík (second from right) received the check in the name of the team)

The team Staff recieved 27 000 EUR

Hrivik%20a%20tim-824x549.jpg?itok=miScbS

And Petra Vlhová Gold medalist in W Slalom received 50 000 EUR (one of her coaches Matej Gemza took the check on her behalf, since Petra is already in full preparation and trainings on snow) Her team staff received 16 500 EUR

Gemza%20za%20Vlhovu-543x583.jpg?itok=gwR

Another pleasant touch took place today, Our NOC after the checks awarding ceremony presented to our Hockey NT coach :CAN Craig Ramsay the Slovak NOC gold badge (order), which is the highest award of our NOC

Ramsay%20so%20Zlatym%20odznakom-704x454.

Also the NOC president informed that Juraj "the son of god" Slafkovský is among the 5 EOC nominated athletes for the "Piotr Nurowski" award fot the best European youth athlete of the year in winter sports !

(the other nominated athletes are Nika Prevc SLO - Ski Jumping, Victoria Olivier - AUT Alpine Skiing, Lorenzo Previtali - ITA Speed Skating and Leon Ulbricht - GER Snowboarding)

And all Swedish athletes receive 0 for the medals fromfrom our olympic committ

11 minutes ago, hckošice said:

well, Sweden has gazillon of medals at WOGs so I guess that would not be economically smart for your NOC to pay off everyone :p

:SWE Like :GBR is a monarchy.  It is only Republics that bribe athletes. The rest of us compete for glory.  :stars:

We're just getting out of "soft" lockdown here in Beijing (don't ask what "hard" lockdown is).  After months of not being able to find Bing Dwen Dwen anywhere in this country, I stopped by a random gas station by my place the other day to find this.  Not even the surviving Olympic shops have this sort of supply.  

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, orangeman said:

We're just getting out of "soft" lockdown here in Beijing (don't ask what "hard" lockdown is).  After months of not being able to find Bing Dwen Dwen anywhere in this country, I stopped by a random gas station by my place the other day to find this.  Not even the surviving Olympic shops have this sort of supply.  

image.jpeg

Reminds me of the true story of my cousin’s schoolboy son, who once made a small fortune when he found a supply of ultra-rare & valuable :MON Minion Candy (no, I don’t either) in a small Polski Skłep here in Edinburgh.