website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

39 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

So a country is kidnapping Olympians and also committing genocide but the rest of the world should just be silent and let it get the rewards of the Olympics.

The IOC is risking a lot of damage defending China here - I don’t think they will be a Winter Olympics in 2030 at this rate as no one will bid.

Neah, the anti-Chinese backlash was much bigger before Beijing 2008 and things have went rather smoothly for then since then. World has forgotten about Tibet and Hong Kong by now and Peng Shuai isn't really more important than Tibet, is she? This is Realpolitik at its finest indeed.

Let's screw all the political involvement and be happy cause the Games are coming. I have never cared much about politics, I don't know much about politics and I am a happy person :d:yes ........ We can just wish Peng Shuai all the best, hopefully she returns back in one piece and let's focus on the thing that connects us all - the Olympic religion. I cannot wait any longer for the Games to start and see all the competition either on TV or at the venue :) Still trying to find my way to Beijing :-) 

5 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Neah, the anti-Chinese backlash was much bigger before Beijing 2008 and things have went rather smoothly for then since then. World has forgotten about Tibet and Hong Kong by now and Peng Shuai isn't really more important than Tibet, is she? This is Realpolitik at its finest indeed.

I don't know if she is more important or not than an abstract entity like a country but she is (or should be) more important for IOC, which is the relevant aspect for our discussion here.

14 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

She is an Olympian kidnapped by the host of the nest games. How can the IOC go there. 

You've got your next thing going on for the next three months huh?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 hours ago, LDOG said:

I don't know if she is more important or not than an abstract entity like a country but she is (or should be) more important for IOC, which is the relevant aspect for our discussion here.

IOC only cares about financial profit from the games. Anyone who thinks otherwise has been asleep for the last 20 years at least.

13 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Was it. I don’t remember the Us Congress passing bills calling for boycotts.