website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

11 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

For those who don’t read Peng Shuai’s post and only receive interpretation from media, I want to clarify Peng Shuai’s post is not mainly accusing sexual assault. She is mad at the man not respond her message and not granting her legal recognition after sex. She felt her putting love in the relationship but the man drop her into dustbin. I don’t think this kind of thing never happen in western country.

The whole disappearance thing is the most worrying part though.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

27 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The whole disappearance thing is the most worrying part though.

I tend to believe she's muted on censored social media rather than disappearance. Believe me, she will appear when this drama finally ended and I admire her courage to say this on Weibo rather than Facebook or Twitter. It means she knows what she is doing and she is ready to accept the consequences. 

I don’t think the outrage comes from the allegations. She does mention rape, which Western media put as the centerpiece, but mostly people are concerned how quickly all mention of it has been scrubbed from Weibo and she hasn’t been heard of since nor has anybody of her colleagues been able to reach her.

Clearly by the email that surfaced yesterday she’s not in control of her social media or devices right now, which is even more worrying.

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Having no access to social media is not disappearance no matter that modern culture is all about social presence these days.

But it seems pretty obvious that what they’re doing is taking away her access to the outside world and telling her that she has no support, so she makes a public apology that she lied and denying her access for her colleagues to contact her. This isn’t just a simple social media hiatus like some have implied, it’s a violation of human rights.

3 hours ago, Shiffrin said:

But it seems pretty obvious that what they’re doing is taking away her access to the outside world and telling her that she has no support, so she makes a public apology that she lied and denying her access for her colleagues to contact her. This isn’t just a simple social media hiatus like some have implied, it’s a violation of human rights.

And it's also an internal Chinese case. Do you really believe any foreign country or organization can tell China what to do with their own citizens? Good luck with that!

27 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

And it's also an internal Chinese case. Do you really believe any foreign country or organization can tell China what to do with their own citizens? Good luck with that!

So a country is kidnapping Olympians and also committing genocide but the rest of the world should just be silent and let it get the rewards of the Olympics.

The IOC is risking a lot of damage defending China here - I don’t think they will be a Winter Olympics in 2030 at this rate as no one will bid.