website statistics

Men's Darts PDC World Championship 2018

hckošice

Wow, Van der Voort annihilates Beaton, 4-0, after destroying Chisnall 3-0 early on :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Lim comes up a few millimeters shy of hitting a nine dart finish, 27 years (!) after he made history by doing so on the Embassy in 1990 :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

63 years old and throwing a 10 dart finish :bowdown:

Lim is such a nice guy. Now in the interview after the match "I should have worn my high heels, then I would have made the nine dart finish" :d 

The interview mostly consisted of "this has been such an honour" and "I am happy/this has been so much fun", I hope we'll keep seeing him for many years to come :)

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Lim is such a nice guy. Now in the interview after the match "I should have worn my high heels, then I would have made the nine dart finish" :d 

The interview mostly consisted of "this has been such an honour" and "I am happy/this has been so much fun", I hope we'll keep seeing him for many years to come :)

Great guy, loved the high heels comment :d

I would love to see him play on the circuit more often, crazy to think how good he performed here with little preparation.

1 minute ago, OlympicIRL said:

Great guy, loved the high heels comment :d

I would love to see him play on the circuit more often, crazy to think how good he performed here with little preparation.

Agreed, too bad he's spending 99% of his time being a softtip/electronic darts player instead of steel tip :p 

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Agreed, too bad he's spending 99% of his time being a softtip/electronic darts player instead of steel tip :p 

Fun bit of trivia, can you name the 3 nations he has represented?

Edited by OlympicIRL

11 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Fun bit of trivia, can you name the 3 nations he has represented?

Definitely Singapore and the USA, I'm doubting about the first one. My guess would be England because I heard him say today his journey started in London, but I can't recall him playing for England (I do recall him playing for Singapore and the USA, so I have no doubts about those) :p 

Just now, heywoodu said:

Definitely Singapore and the USA, I'm doubting about the first one. My guess would be England because I heard him say today his journey started in London, but I can't recall him playing for England (I do recall him playing for Singapore and the USA, so I have no doubts about those) :p 

You guessed the same as me and using the same logic :d

But no, actually it was USA, Singapore and Papua New Guinea!