website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

25 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

WR for McLaughlin!!! 51,46!!  Top 3 like expected :yes

Bol 52,03 ER!! I think you've got the new Schippers now @heywoodu

I doubt she'll ever reach the mega hype of Schippers, since Bol didn't even have her own RACE ALERT promo video, but she is infinitely more likeable (although Schippers not being anywhere near her best anymore somehow made her a lot more likeable than when she was all testosteroned up like a bull seeing red :p), so it'd be really good.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

54 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

:POL Marcin Krukowski with a total failure though. Sums it up with the classic "Kurwa mać" :p

Im sorry for him. He is one of my favourite athletes and he had to fail at Olympics. But its often thing that our mens in javelin can be good entire season but they always choke at the biggest events...

I'm hoping anyway that he will able to win medal in Eugene next year and then qualify to Paris Games and fight for final.

I have looked it up, the 2000 Olympic Games was our worst performance in athletics where our best results were two 7th places. Unless Krizsán saves this somehow, which I doubt, this is going to be our worst Olympic Games ever in athletics. We were never strong in this sport, but the current state of Hungarian athletics is unacceptable, especially knowing how much the Hungarian Federation was promising that we will see improvements over time and we are spending a LOT of money on the 2023 WCh. 

2 hours ago, NearPup said:

I don't think :FRA Mayer made up enough ground on :CAN Warner on the shot put.

Yeah, so far Mayer has lost on all three events compared to his forecast, whereas Warner only lost marginally on one and won on the other two (especially shot put). Difference is still small though, but Mayer does need to pick it up.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, NearPup said:

I don't think :FRA Mayer made up enough ground on :CAN Warner on the shot put.

French medias say that Mayer is injured, so it could explain the underperforming. Hope he will finish his decathlon. :cheerlieconfused: