website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, pdr4332 said:

Probably this pole vault is the first time during the athletics competition when I am glad that :USA won

On the other hand, no individual gold medal for them in men's track events (and only 1 chance left in the relay).  When did this last happen? 

I looked it up back to '48. Excluding Moscow, they won only 400 hurdles in '76, but no post 1948 Olympics when they did not win at least one gold on mens track (including hurdles). 

"Why would I be bothered that I finished 8th? This only motivates me to be better for Paris! I did what I could, and it is what it is."

Before basically collapsing during the interview (although the interviewer kept asking until finally offering him some much-needed water). And after a minute or two, getting back up and continueing the interview :p

"Yeah man, this pain is typical...400 is completely sprinting and dying...., but I love it, this is how it is." :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Two heptathlon medals, I did NOT expect that two days ago :hyper: 

Vetter, sure, but Oosterwegel?!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!