website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

8 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Very sad for Kaul, would have been a safe medal. Now i hope that Damian Dopener won't medal, but sadly that seems unrealistic.

And Kaul is not a doper? And Vetter? 
You said everybody medaling here can do it only with some help. There is no logic to me, only Germans are capable to win medals without doping. 

i really don’t know about Warner,  maybe , probably but to think the Germans are clean is ridiculous. Yes we all know Germany has the best anti doping system, it is impossible to dope in Germany ?. Sorry my mistake

4 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

And Kaul is not a doper? And Vetter? 
You said everybody medaling here can do it only with some help. There is no logic to me, only Germans are capable to win medals without doping. 

i really don’t know about Warner,  maybe , probably but to think the Germans are clean is ridiculous. Yes we all know Germany has the best anti doping system, it is impossible to dope in Germany ?. Sorry my mistake

I never said that the germans don't dope. Vetter, Pudenz and Krause are the most suspicious german athletes. I wouldn't bet anything on them being clean. The difference is that there is no doping system in Germany, it is individual athletes/coaches doping, unlike in other countries (GB, Netherlands, Russia, USA, Kenya, China, Ethiopia, Uganada).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

9 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I never said that the germans don't dope. Vetter, Pudenz and Krause are the most suspicious german athletes. I wouldn't bet anything on them being clean. The difference is that there is no doping system in Germany, it is individual athletes/coaches doping, unlike in other countries (GB, Netherlands, Russia, USA, Kenya, China, Ethiopia, Uganada).

Ok, I agree there is no system in Germany, at least not supported by state. But well organized there is, several scandals in the past proved it. While I agree with some states in your list, I don’t think Netherlands has state doping, but likely well organized doping system.  Also not sure about Uganda, more coach/manager driven. And I would add Norway to your list. 

Krause, Vetter, Mihambo and Kaul absolutely suspicious. Don’t know about pudenz, never followed her results. 

I guess especially during the pandemic doping had its big come back as no or very little controls could be conducted across the globe. All those guys/girls shining in 2021, well I guess we all know what they did last summer :) 

and I mean majority of sports not only athletics 

1 hour ago, prso1000 said:

Ok, I agree there is no system in Germany, at least not supported by state. But well organized there is, several scandals in the past proved it. While I agree with some states in your list, I don’t think Netherlands has state doping, but likely well organized doping system.  Also not sure about Uganda, more coach/manager driven. And I would add Norway to your list. 

Krause, Vetter, Mihambo and Kaul absolutely suspicious. Don’t know about pudenz, never followed her results. 

I guess especially during the pandemic doping had its big come back as no or very little controls could be conducted across the globe. All those guys/girls shining in 2021, well I guess we all know what they did last summer :) 

and I mean majority of sports not only athletics 

Please name the recent doping scandals in Germany (involving german athletes). There isn't any well organized doping system in Germany, this is nonsense. You really think that a country with 1/5th the population of Germany (Netherlands) would be better than Germany in pure doping sports like cycling/rowing/speed skating/track events in athletics if there would be organized doping in Germany (especially with the fact in mind that Germany easily would have the know-how, thanks to the GDR, to outdope pretty much everyone else)? Germany has clearly less doping than almost all the other top nations (except maybe Japan and South Korea) and it is more difficult to dope in Germany that almost anywhere else. Also i forgot Australia on the list, considering their performances in rowing and swimming. Thanks to the GDR history, athletes/coaches who dope would face much more hate than athletes/coaches in pretty much any other country, since those countries don't have the same history. This means that athletes/coaches in most other countries have less fear of doping (since the consequences when getting caught would be less severe). You can also see in other areas that Germany learnt from its history and in some sense overcorrected. After WW2 Germany wasn't allowed to have an army and still today Germany is far less "ready" to enter a war (than countries like France/GB/USA). You can also see that many former GDR doping coaches went abroad, for example british rowing was lead by a former GDR coach until recently and some german coaches went to China (rowing/athletics).

Also doesn't make sense to treat Kaul and Warner the same.

1) Kaul has been the best in the world since U18 level, Warner on the other hand improved by 300 points as a 31 year old during the pandemic.

2) Kaul isn't close to world class in any discipline, while Warner is world class in the long jump and close to it in the 100 m and the hurdles.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

7 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Please name the recent doping scandals in Germany. There isn't any well organized doping system in Germany, this is nonsense. You really think that a country with 1/5th the population of Germany (Netherlands) would be better than Germany in pure doping sports like cycling/rowing/speed skating/track events in athletics if there would be organized doping in Germany (especially with the fact in mind that Germany easily would have the know-how, thanks to the GDR, to outdope pretty much everyone else)? Germany has clearly less doping than almost all the other top nations (except maybe Japan and South Korea) and it is more difficult to dope in Germany that almost anywhere else. Also i forgot Australia on the list, considering their performances in rowing and swimming.

Also doesn't make sense to treat Kaul and Warner the same.

1) Kaul has been the best in the world since U18 level, Warner on the other hand improved by 300 points as a 31 year old during the pandemic.

2) Kaul isn't close to world class in any discipline, while Warner is world class in the long jump and close to it in the 100 m and the hurdles.

Operation Aderlass, involving my country too. 

Sorry but that someone is good from young years does not mean anything. As you said no one can win a medal without help, and Kaul would have won one without injury. 

8 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Operation Aderlass, involving my country too. 

Sorry but that someone is good from young years does not mean anything. As you said no one can win a medal without help, and Kaul would have won one without injury. 

1) Yes, but which german athletes (who were remotely elite) were involved?

2) I am not sure if you can win a medal in decathlon/heptathlon without doping. I think that all performances of Kaul are achievable without doping, but i am not sure if it is possible to recover quickly enough without doping to do it all within just 2 days. The other event where it might be possible to win a medal without doping is pole vault. Especially in mid and long distance running it is impossible to medal without doping, considering that a gazillion african people see running as their only chance to earn a decent living and have no problem with doping + their countries don't even try to prevent them from doping. Add in their genetic advantage and it is almost retarded to think that you can beat the most talented of those doped athletes without doping yourself.

3 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

1) Yes, but which german athletes (who were remotely elite) were involved?

2) I am not sure if you can win a medal in decathlon/heptathlon without doping. I think that all performances of Kaul are achievable without doping, but i am not sure if it is possible to recover quickly enough without doping to do it all within just 2 days. The other event where it might be possible to win a medal without doping is pole vault. Especially in mid and long distance running it is impossible to medal without doping, considering that a gazillion african people see running as their only chance to earn a decent living and have no problem with doping + their countries don't even try to prevent them from doping. Add in their genetic advantage and it is almost retarded to think that you can beat the most talented of those doped athletes without doping yourself.

Well there was a German top tier alpine skier mentioned, but his name was never discovered. And a former cycling star (?), whoever that is. But the case proves that such a doping system worked without being detected in Germany. And you don’t believe this is the only case or the only doc being involved. 

anyway, the whole point is, and then I stop replying, your doping accusation may even be right, probably they are, but then please be objective and do the same accusations when German athletes win medals. And I am sure then everybody in this forum will be ok with your accusations. 

so we wait for your posting after the javelin thrower final: 

“Vetter winning a medal is disgusting “

?