website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

7 minutes ago, pdr4332 said:

That's a different point about an individual athlete. But in case of the commenter in question, who seems to carpet-bomb with doping accusations throughout the forum.

I agree. I have seen his doping posts before. It’s annoying.

3 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

1) His previous results couldn't really be taken serious, they were all at joke events where proper measurement was more than doubtful.

2) I said that this is sad because his competitors got injured, i don't want an olympic final to be decided like that.

3) I have absolutely no problem with him winning a medal, he was one of the top 3 athletes in recent years and i predicted a medal for him. I still wanted someone to win who doesn't have such an ugly style.

Please tell me which were the joke events? The Greek National Championships are a joke event? And the jumps meeting in Kallithea which attracts many international big name competitors?

You act like Greece is Uzbekistan or Kazakhstan. If our measurements are "more than doubtful" then we must be really bad at faking results to not fix it so Spyridoula Karydi and Elina Tzengko would've qualified as well.

And if you don't like his style then that's your problem. He is from parkour and switched to long jump after his talent was discovered so maybe his technique isn't so natural but it works.

Also he doesn't normally show emotions or have big reactions so that is why a lot of people thought that his 8.48 and 8.60 earlier this year were not legit. Not everyone is the same and is going to be jumping up and down like crazy celebrating a big result. Even last night you could see in his final he wasn't showing much emotion even after he won gold, because he is shy. Nothing wrong with that. He was even saying in interviews how upset he was to only get 8.41 and how his jumps were so bad in the final. He knows he can do much better.

Also Masso only once in his career jumped above 8.35 and never above 8.40. Yes it was sad that he got injured but it's not like he was definitely going to beat Tentoglou's 8.41 when he has never done that in his entire life.

Tentoglou has been the most consistent long jumper in the world the past few years and he is still young and has a big career ahead of himself. He has consistently been jumping 8.30-8.40 for a few years now and this year he finally is starting to do bigger jumps now. Just because he is shy and keeps a low profile and doesn't care to be famous and annoying doesn't mean we should discredit him.

And down goes Nelson Evora's muscle :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Ouch, Lewandowski OUT

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Get the feeling there might be a few protests of that heat…

Definitely one of the more messy ones I’ve seen. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela