website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

8 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Silver medal!!! :bounce: 

Wasn’t expecting this at all, awesome Patricia!!

Also two medals in the olympics for Portugal ?? , sounds like little but it’s the first time it happens since Beijing, really great!!

There's still a couple of chances remaining for Portugal in athletics with men's triple jump and women's discus throw, plus men's K1 1000m in canoeing

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

what if after one jump (which is usually easy) all 12 athletes in the final decide to not continue and share the gold medal altogether ? I'm genuinely asking. is there any rule against it ?

They would all need to make the first jump without error and then fail three times at the next height then all agree not to have a jump-off.

So technically yes, but you can bet that forced jump-offs would be a thing at future events.

4 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

What happens if they is a tie during the other field events or even in the multi events. Shared medals automatically?

Count back to second best attempt, third best etc.

In multi-events, shared medal.

In men’s hammer, ties are resolved by a knife fight till first blood drawn.

Wow! What a session that was last night! Just got a chance to watch it, and it did not disappoint :hyper:

TJ WR for Rojas :VEN, OR for Camacho-Quinn :PUR, surprise 100m gold for :ITA, and a shared gold HJ gold for :ITA:QAT

I read through the debate about the shared gold medal in High Jump, and here’s my thoughts on the matter. I like the idea of a shared gold medal here. Both athletes had an opportunity to clear 2.39m in order to take the gold outright; neither was able to. Both also put forth and full and honest effort throughout the competition. They had been equally matched all night, and so I think it’s justified/right that they both a receive a gold medal since they both had the highest jump. If they had gone to tiebreaker and one of them managed to clear 2.39m then that’s an acceptable outcome as well. However, should have to have gone down to 2.37m to decide a winner, that would mean that someone who had the highest jump in the high jump doesn’t win the gold medal, and that doesn’t seem like a justifiable or correct outcome.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Justyna Swiety-Ersetic has pulled out of the 400m individual event. We could have entered three women there but only Natalia Kaczmarek will race in the end. 4x400 relay takes priority (obviously).

Iga is out too?

Anna Kiełbasińska could start instead her, as she had standard too and I doubt that we will see Anna in relay...

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Justyna Swiety-Ersetic has pulled out of the 400m individual event. We could have entered three women there but only Natalia Kaczmarek will race in the end. 4x400 relay takes priority (obviously).

27 minutes ago, rybak said:

Iga is out too?

Anna Kiełbasińska could start instead her, as she had standard too and I doubt that we will see Anna in relay...

Poland trditionally in the past was good in throw events

52 minutes ago, rybak said:

Iga is out too?

Yes, Baumgart has pulled out too.

I assume Kaczmarek will skip the 4x400 heats but it's anyone's guess if either Kielbasinska or Lesiewicz replace her.