website statistics

Boxing at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, dodge said:

7 of the 8 Europeans to fight at that weight today have lost. 

The only one to win was Walker of :IRL and he only beat :ESP 

No European has won against another continent at feather. 

I saw that too. Asian nations like mentioned are strong in the lower weights, but still we need to have a look the following days, if their "push" or good run continues.

10 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

@hckošice Csemez doing great in his match against :TTO . For me he is the favourite against the :ARM in the 1/8 as well. :yes

Seriously I have no idea what the :COL judge was watching here He gave the first 2 rounds to :TTO and a tie in the 3rd round :lol:

Csemez almost send the Trinidad guy to the hospital in the first round. 

Will be hard though. Boxing is boxing, the name of the country has its price. Armenia has more value than Slovakia. We know the judges not always work properly in this sport like we saw the Colombian judge today

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

Seriously I have no idea what the :COL judge was watching here He gave the first 2 rounds to :TTO and a tie in the 3rd round :lol:

Continental preferences have traditions in boxing refereeing. :d Europe judges rule more favorably to European boxers, Asian ones to Asian boxers and so on. You can look a quick breakdown in a few matches with split decisions to find the trend.  

10 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Continental preferences have traditions in boxing refereeing. :d Europe judges rule more favorably to European boxers, Asian ones to Asian boxers and so on. You can look a quick breakdown in a few matches with split decisions to find the trend.  

Also I do not know if you noticed, the announcer before the match introduced him as Slovenian :lol: