website statistics

Biathlon IBU Open European Championships 2021

Totallympics

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Nope. TV signal will only be produced on Saturday & Sunday.

Eurovision says that they’ll be live in 13 hours...

That stream will be unavailable in France, Poland, and US though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I knew the had their snow and size. But since all the urban hubs there are not associated with snow, it's difficult to imagine a biathlete from California making a national team.

California having only one biathlon club + Hammerness training in Norway gives some perspective though. :p

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

They possibly refer to the beginning of the competition they broadcast, not necessarily the event in itself :mumble:

I don't remember how it was last year. 

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

I knew the had their snow and size. But since all the urban hubs there are not associated with snow, it's difficult to imagine a biathlete from California making a national team.

California having only one biathlon club + Hammerness training in Norway gives some perspective though. :p

You don't really need a strong relationship with snow sport to get one guy in the national team, especially for the USA. Like, one motivated athlete can be enough if he's gifted.

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

While we don’t have a lot of clubs, the Lake Tahoe area is still fairly accessible for many people. The 80 (or as non-Californian heathens would refer to it as, Interstate Highway 80) goes through Truckee, which is just north of Lake Tahoe and Squaw Valley. The 80 runs from Sacramento, CA to Reno, NV and then on. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, SalamAkhi said:

They possibly refer to the beginning of the competition they broadcast, not necessarily the event in itself :mumble:

I don't remember how it was last year. 

Fairly sure last year Eurovision had everything (except for in the few countries mentioned, unfortunately for you) and Eurosport had the weekend events. And for the youth/junior worlds I believe the first events were nowhere and only the final events were shown.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Fairly sure last year Eurovision had everything (except for in the few countries mentioned, unfortunately for you) and Eurosport had the weekend events. And for the youth/junior worlds I believe the first events were nowhere and only the final events were shown.

Don't you worry, I'll be alright ... Though once again geo-blocking applies even so the event is nowhere to be seen on the channel preventing us from watching the Eurovision stream :whistle:

11 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Looks like that’s been cancelled - it’s now pointed to Saturday as Day 1 for broadcasting.  :(

So just the Saturday pursuits & relays on Sunday.