website statistics

Tokyo 2020 possible start lists

On 10/02/2021 at 17:13, Benolympique said:

congratulations, great job !! I saw that you have predicted for team sports, it would be great to do it for individual sports too

Thank you for nice words @Benolympique, I try my best. ;-) Although I have already noticed some mistakes, but I will try to correct them soon.

Yes, I know that making predictions for ind events would be great, but that means a lot of work to me ;-)

Maybe I will try it later on.

I must say I have even tried to do it in a few events already - e.g. I made my predictions for Boxing - W Fly, W Welter, M Light (I mean, I made the prediction for the results of European Boxing Qualification Event which hopefully will resume in April)

In most of the events the "q" means these are predictions based on actual rankings so far (e.g. tennis, badminton), qualifying times achieved (swimming) or qualifying results achieved plus rankings combined (athletics).

Anyway, the biggest problem is still weightlifting, I really don't know how to prepare the early draft of possible start lists in weightlfting...

Maybe our weightlifting expert @Fly_like_a_don could give us an advice on that??? ;-)))

M, W and mixed doubles in tennis are hard to predict, as well.

here we go again

21.02.16 version

some new events added, including M and W marathon and 20km race walks (q predicts using RoadToTokyo WorldAthletics website, obviously the actual startlists will look pretty much different than that - I will update this thing ;-)

21.02.16 tokyo quali.doc

• 2 weeks later...

21.03.08 version

I tried to update some events, I put a date below when I update an event

The latest updates are:

M and W golf - q according to Olympic Golf Rankings

swimming day 1 events - I put swimming events in the same format like athletics

21.03.08 tokyo quali.doc

124 Rafaela Silva doping ban

182/236 q --> Q these 8 are indeed the qualified nations

145/146 shooting mixed also available on wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_at_the_2020_Summer_Olympics_–_Qualification#Mixed_rifle_team 

Keep up the good work!