website statistics

Tokyo 2020 possible start lists

21.02.04 version, some new events added

Anyway, I noticed that the hardest part so far was trying to predict start lists in tennis - M, W and mixed doubles. But singles predicts are more or less done, and will be updated after AO.

21.02.04 tokyo quali.doc

Short explaination how I prepare the start lists file:

(English Wikipedia is my best friend here)

and remember: Q is sb who qualified, q is sb who I predict to qualify

Archery - English Wikipedia Tokyo 2020 qualification website

Artistic swimming - English Wikipedia

Athletics - World Athletics (IAAF) road to Tokyo 2020 olympics rankings - in ind events: athletes with minimum achieved and then next athletes according to the ranking until we have a full quota for an event; in relays - 8 relays already qualified via wch 2019 and then 8 next relays according to ranking

Badminton - Olympic ranking simulation on English wikipedia

Baseball - En wiki

Basketball M and W, 3x3 M and W - En wiki, W basketball quali finished

Boxing - En wiki

Canoeing - En wiki

Cycling - En wiki again (road and track cycling - quali finished)

Diving - En wiki

Equestrian - En wiki (quali finished)

Fencing - Facebook: Fencing - Qualification for Tokyo 2020 Olympics site

Field hockey - En wiki (M and W quali finished)

Football - En wiki

Golf - olympic rankings simulation on IGF website

Gymnastics - En wiki

Handball - En wiki

Judo - olympic rankings simulation on IJF website

Karate - En wiki

Modern pentathlon - En wiki

Rowing - En wiki

Rugby sevens - En wiki

Sailing - En wiki

Shooting - En wiki

Skateboarding - I HAVEN'T DONE IT YET

Softball - En wiki, quali finished

Sport climbing - En wiki, quali finished

Surfing - En wiki

Swimming - that's complicated. In ind events I use En wiki again, but then I use FINA rankings website and find swimmers with OQT time achieved (I know FINA rankings are not good but you can easily make a ranking from 01/03/2019 to "today" there, I will use SwimSwam rankings in future, as well. And I will look how the trials go in particular countries. In relays - 12 teams qualified from 2019 wch and 4 best times from FINA rankings

Table tennis - En wiki again

Taekwondo - En wiki

Tennis - In singles, it is relatively easily: top 56 from ATP or WTA rankings, max 4 players from one country and then 8 additional players according to En wiki rules, Singles are easy part here, I have done it already and I will update these rankings after AO. But M, W and mixed doubles - I HAVEN'T DONE IT YET. This is very difficult to predict.

Triathlon - Olympic rankings simulation on ITU website

Volleyball indoor - En wiki, quali finished

Volleyball beach - En wiki for a few pairs already qualified and then FIVB beach volleyball olympic ranking simulation website

Water polo - En wiki (W quali finished)

Weightlifting - I haven't done it yet, I think this is the most difficult sport to predict the start lists and you all know why. Very difficult quali system and then ... all the doping rules... I am afraid I will not be able to prepare the potential start lists here until the very last moment

Wrestling - guess what?... ENGLISH WIKIPEDIA

That's how it works.

It probably has many mistakes. I'm waiting for all your ideas and comments on this.

And remember - all the events are in calendar order, first the events which start on day -2, then the ones which start on day -1, then day 0, then day 1 and so on.. It is strange order, I know, but I like it.

But - and you obviously know that, but I'll say it - if you want to check e.g. all the POL potential start lists you just do "POL" Ctrl+F and you have it. And then step two: you do "POLAND" Ctrl+F and you have the team sports.

The same with e.g. "ATHLETICS" Ctrl+F

I know all ot this data is everywhere on the internet, but I just want to have it in one place.

I think 50-60% events are done already, but this early draft ofc.

More to come this evening,

Have a good weekend, everyone.

46 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

21.02.10 version

some new events added again

including judo M -90kg and W -70kg (according to IJF olympic rankings) - (will be updated ofc)

21.02.10 tokyo quali.doc 357 kB · 0 downloads

congratulations, great job !! I saw that you have predicted for team sports, it would be great to do it for individual sports too