website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics 2016 Discussion Thread

bestmen

2 minutes ago, Harsh Shah said:

Vault score of Dipa 15.066... Can someone comment on this performance :mumble:

That's a very good score for her, although a little bit off from her 15.100 score on All-Around qualification in last year's World Championship. She's seems really focused on qualifying today and hopefully she can hit a bars routine (which I think maybe is her biggest challenge).

12 minutes ago, Harsh Shah said:

That was only her 1st jump.. Her 2nd jump was 14.533.. Avg score is considered.. Her avg is 14.799

She scored slightly less when compared to her worlds score

11 minutes ago, Harsh Shah said:

as usual on vault outstanding ..................  as you can see it is the best performance today om vault  ..... vault is a tough ... a small mistake and she could crash to a lower score ...so it is good ...now her uneven bars in the world she just got 10.00 ...................

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

23 minutes ago, dcro said:

Better than 12.800 from last year.

"Belorussian" gymnast Kylie Dickson had a nightmare on floor so looks like she might miss out (probably only the bottom two will miss out).

13.575 on floor. I guess that is very good.

There are 33 countries competing, and 28 countries will earn and individual quota for sure. Two extra countries may qualify if Brazil and Germany qualify a full team (both are very likely to happen). That means only the three lowest ranked countries in the all-around competition will not qualify.

I think Dipa is on the right track. She scores around 10.0 on the Uneven Bars and 11-12 on the Balance Beam. This should be enough to outscore Belarus for now, and even maybe Poland.