website statistics

Men's Curling Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

Congratulations to Switzerland! :bowdown::SUI

Canadian curling was a disaster this Olympics.  This is what happens when you get complacent and cocky.  I was at the semis and Koe's rink looked totally discombobulated and disjointed.  CBC had an article about how the rest of the world is catching up to Canada in curling, which is true to a point.  But Canada's mens and womens were also just terrible here.  I witnessed a stone that was 10 feet short of the hog line last night, which should never happen at the adult level, never mind at the Olympics semi-finals level.  And that was shortly after another 10 foot short miss.  That wasn't because the USA got better over the years, that's because Canada thought all they had to do was show up and collect their medals.  

I do love how they added mixed curling to have bigger diversity and everything, and in the end it's Canada, the only nation in the world where people actually care about it in a big way, that takes that gold, but no medal in the other events :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I do love how they added mixed curling to have bigger diversity and everything, and in the end it's Canada, the only nation in the world where people actually care about it in a big way, that takes that gold, but no medal in the other events :lol:

*mixed doubles

Feel free to also add mixed curling to have bigger diversity, too :p

And believe me, Curling Canada is as surprised at that than anybody else.

Edited by NearPup

Just now, Nate River said:

*mixed doubles

Feel free to also add mixed curling to have bigger diversity, too :p

Mixed doubles curling is mixed curling too :p

It's curling, and it's mixed --> mixed curling :evil:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, Nate River said:

Sure, but mixed curling is it's own thing with it's own world championship. It's distinct from mixed doubles.

Things you learn from the Olympics...