website statistics

Women's Water Polo FINA Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2021

Totallympics

Just now, Benolympique said:

yesterday you were very clumsy and a lot of lost ball

Yes I know, I was just saying it's a shame that we were so poor yesterday (especially in the second half) and then today we showed our potential.

South Africa please do the right thing and withdraw :p

1 hour ago, Makedonas said:

Yes I know, I was just saying it's a shame that we were so poor yesterday (especially in the second half) and then today we showed our potential.

South Africa please do the right thing and withdraw :p

c'mon, man! today you just played against a group of zombies...;)

I hope our NF would eventually fire all these girls and rebuild everything starting with the youngsters that won junior world and european medals 2 years ago...

this group hasn't got anything left in the tank...

18 minutes ago, phelps said:

I hope our NF would eventually fire all these girls and rebuild everything starting with the youngsters that won junior world and european medals 2 years ago...

This sounds like us in women's handball. Expect many of the youngsters are already in the adult team and we are still shit, so we can't fire everyone if Serbia eliminates us at the OQT. :lol:

14 minutes ago, phelps said:

Haha I admit I didn't watch today but the score looks good for us. We have a very young team. Oldest player is Christina Tsoukala who is 29 and everyone else is 26 or younger. We have several teenagers also. I think we can build this team for the next few years with the same players and aim for Paris 2024.

Best of luck to Italy as well. You have three years to rebuild your team. I'm sure this year would've been different if there were fans at the OQT.

PLAY-OFF ROUND DAY 3

GOLD MEDAL MATCH

20:00  :NED - :HUN   11-13  (3:4, 2:2, 3:5, 3:2)

BRONZE MEDAL MATCH

18:00  :GRE - :ITA   10-4  (4:1, 0:1, 4:1, 2:1)

5th PLACE MATCH

16:00  :KAZ - :FRA   10-12  (1:3, 3:3, 4:3, 2:3)

7th PLACE MATCH

14:00  :SVK - :ISR   10-13  (1:2, 4:1, 3:5, 2:5)

• 2 years later...
On 1/23/2021 at 12:45 PM, Makedonas said:

Well it's done. Congrats to the Dutch girls. Hopefully we can make it to Paris 2024...

:cheer:

On 1/22/2021 at 2:42 AM, Makedonas said:

Watch from 3:07:00 to 3:08:20 and 3:17:00 to 3:19:30. Crazy emotions. I don't want a repeat of this on Saturday :cry:

I remember watching this when it happened and I always have painful memories from this game.

And our legend and former FINA World Player of the Year Alexandra Asimaki at 3:20:57. So heartbreaking to see her like that. But this is why we love sport, there are good moments and bad moments.

Asimaki was retired when I posted this and now 3 years later she is back and going to the Olympics :thumbup: