website statistics

Women's Water Polo FINA Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2021

Totallympics

Sorry to Italy. Looks like we will watch together from the couch :(

Also maybe Hungary can finally win a medal.

Greek player Stefania Charalampidi (now Stephania Haralabidis) will win a medal for USA and probably gold. Quite sad that she ditched her country and national team the minute she got the chance to play for USA but I guess most people would do the same in her position.

Not to rain on your parade, but the chance of South Africa withdrawing for reasons other than some epic COVID mess is very, very low...

Even if their NOC changed their mind, they can't withdraw them now without stirring a big controversy. They work by signed selection policies, so any change could easily be legally challenged.

p.s. I really, truly hope no athlete is forced to withdraw from the Olympics due to COVID...

#banbestmen

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

Not to rain on your parade, but the chance of South Africa withdrawing for reasons other than some epic COVID mess is very, very low...

Even if their NOC changed their mind, they can't withdraw them now without stirring a big controversy. They work by signed selection policies, so any change could easily be legally challenged.

p.s. I really, truly hope no athlete is forced to withdraw from the Olympics due to COVID...

Yeah, but RSA made the decision to send a team pre-COVID, so I think they can get away with a withdrawal without a controversy if they say that the global crises made their preparation for the Olympics too costly, or something along the lines of that. Anyway, there's obviously a bigger chance for a withdrawal this time (any other time that chance would be pretty much zero), so I think Greece and Italy should and will take that match seriously. 

PLAY-OFF ROUND DAY 2

SEMIFINALS

WQF1-WQF2  :NED - :GRE  7-4   (1:2, 2:2, 2:0, 2:0)

---------------------------------

WQF3-WQF4  :HUN - :ITA  13-10   (3:1, 2:2, 4:4, 4:3)

Nations qualified for Tokyo 2020

:HUN

:NED

CONSOLATION ROUND

5th-8th PLACES SEMIFINALS

LQF1-LQF2  :KAZ - :SVK  11-10   (2:3, 4:2, 1:2, 4:3)

---------------------------------

LQF3-LQF4  :FRA - :ISR  11-4   (2:1, 2:0, 5:2, 2:1)

GOLD MEDAL MATCH

20:00  :NED - :HUN

BRONZE MEDAL MATCH

18:00  :GRE - :ITA

5th PLACE MATCH

16:00  :KAZ - :FRA

7th PLACE MATCH

14:00  :SVK - :ISR