website statistics

Women's Water Polo FINA Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2021

Totallympics

HUN chose to play "smartly", NED chose to play "smartly", I don't see why Italy should be the only stupid team to play fair. If the coach thinks that Greece is the best opponent to face for an Olympic ticket, let's give the Slovakian girls the biggest joy of their sports career.

7 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

HUN chose to play "smartly", NED chose to play "smartly", I don't see why Italy should be the only stupid team to play fair. If the coach thinks that Greece is the best opponent to face for an Olympic ticket, let's give the Slovakian girls the biggest joy of their sports career.

I do not see you scoring so many own goals and keep it at least a bit "credible" :p

1 minute ago, Dunadan said:

The difference is that Greece beating Hungary is a believable outcome, so is Netherlands not beating France by 13 goals. Slovakia beating Italy on the other hand... that would be dangerous because I think FINA would consider disqualification. It's not worth it for Italy, they can beat us, and Greece might actually be stronger than us at this tournament. 

7 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I do not see you scoring so many own goals and keep it at least a bit "credible" :p

no need to score own goals, just let Slovakia take easy open shots, score a goal to draw and repeat. Of course it will not happen but because we are stupid, not because we can't.

2 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Disqualification based on which rule?
Must be the same rule that led to the disqualification of Croatian men after losing to France at Rio 2016

That tournament was under IOC, not FINA. And the male French team wasn't losing their games by 20 goals (Italy and Montenegro only beat them by 3 goals). The female Slovak team is much, much worse. 

4 minutes ago, Vektor said:

That tournament was under IOC, not FINA. And the male French team wasn't losing their games by 20 goals (Italy and Montenegro only beat them by 3 goals). The female Slovak team is much, much worse. 

ok, please point out to the rule you are referring to in FINA rulebook then.

Anyway don't worry, Italy will beat Slovakia for sure. The worst that can happen is the Hungarian girls being served some rotten food at breakfast the day of the semifinal.

5 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Disqualification based on which rule?
Must be the same rule that led to the disqualification of Croatian men after losing to France at Rio 2016

It won't happen because it's simply not something that Italy can sell as believable to anybody.

The other results here and CRO-FRA men, although unlikely, were all within the margins of "possiblity".