website statistics

Women's Water Polo FINA Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2021

Totallympics

27 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Is this "next best team" thing something new? Because our male team got 1st place in their group last year based on their overall goal difference. 

actually this is not new, that was the old rule ,

but I just saw they used the overall GD in the recent European Champs, I don't know maybe they changed it recently :dunno:

48 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Imagine GRE somehow beat you by some lucky goal or so...not realistic I know, but just imagine the consequences, they would top the group and Italy will then want to finish 2nd of our group. what they will have to do to lose to SVK ? I guess score a lot of own goals, because there no other way to achieve it :lol:

We lost 11-9 to the Netherlands at the 2019 worlds, 13-10 to Hungary at the 2020 Euros, and 7-5 to Italy at the 2020 Euros. We are definitely the underdogs, but I think people underestimate us. It's not like we got destroyed by these teams, and we have a lot of good young players (just look at how many medals these girls won at youth competitions). Plus we have no pressure on us which is a benefit. Again, I am not saying we will win but we are definitely capable of pulling off a surprise result.

Also despite lockdowns, our girls were approved to be training together while some other countries couldn't train.

11 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

We lost 11-9 to the Netherlands at the 2019 worlds, 13-10 to Hungary at the 2020 Euros, and 7-5 to Italy at the 2020 Euros. We are definitely the underdogs, but I think people underestimate us. It's not like we got destroyed by these teams, and we have a lot of good young players (just look at how many medals these girls won at youth competitions). Plus we have no pressure on us which is a benefit. Again, I am not saying we will win but we are definitely capable of pulling off a surprise result.

Also despite lockdowns, our girls were approved to be training together while some other countries couldn't train.

Oh, It was not supposed to be a disrespectful or underestimating post. I apologize if it sounded like that.

27 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Oh, It was not supposed to be a disrespectful or underestimating post. I apologize if it sounded like that.

No I did not feel disrespected or anything. I understand why many people feel this way about our team and in some way I agree. I just wanted to say that we are probably better than people think.

Since Rio we've beaten Russia three times, Australia twice, Spain, Hungary, Italy, and the Netherlands. However all of these were in 2017/2018. The best team we've beaten since was China...