website statistics

Women's Water Polo FINA Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2021

Totallympics

Well, congrats to Italy, I am pretty sure they will play against Greece because they will close the group stage against Slovakia, which means that they are in control of what the pairings will be, so this draw is the perfect result for them.

Both teams looked beatable based on what I have seen from the match, so I think we can steal the quota from the Dutch girls. But we might also be similarly weak against a stronger team because of COVID and our girls can always shit their pants when they are under pressure, so who knows. 

8 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Well, congrats to Italy, I am pretty sure they will play against Greece because they will close the group stage against Slovakia, which means that they are in control of what the pairings will be, so this draw is the perfect result for them.

in water polo the tie breaker is only GD against the next best team of the group (France in this case) goals against SVK doesn't count

7 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Both teams looked beatable based on what I have seen from the match, so I think we can steal the quota from the Dutch girls. But we might also be similarly weak against a stronger team because of COVID and our girls can always shit their pants when they are under pressure, so who knows. 

Imagine GRE somehow beat you by some lucky goal or so...not realistic I know, but just imagine the consequences, they would top the group and Italy will then want to finish 2nd of our group. what they will have to do to lose to SVK ? I guess score a lot of own goals, because there no other way to achieve it :lol:

Just now, MHSN said:

in water polo the tie breaker is only GD against the next best team of the group (France in this case) goals against SVK doesn't count

Oh.... :facepalm: now it makes sense why the Dutch weren't attacking all the much in the last minute. :d

I just thought that it's simple goal difference like in most team sports.