website statistics

Archery at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

7 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

Our girls did terribly today and ranked badly. They will face Korea early. Chinese Taipei did even worse but their draw position is better because in different half with Korea.

I understand a a straight single knockout is the standard format for this event, but it does feel like Korea's overwhelming dominance creates a skewed draw where it is actually better to rank 11th than rank 8th because you get to avoid Korea until the final. Perhaps a final group stage would even that out, I don't know...

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

Good luck to Gaby Bayardo :yes

Which even in Dutch is a so much nicer name than Schloesser!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Which even in Dutch is a so much nicer name than Schloesser!

Why? What does Schloesser means?

I’m not sure what Bayardo means in Spanish, but I guess something related to berries (bayas in Spanish).

Just now, mrv86 said:

Why? What does Schloesser means?

I’m not sure what Bayardo means in Spanish, but I guess something related to berries (bayas in Spanish).

Schloesser doesn't really mean anything, but it's a bit of a hard to pronounce name. Not really 'hard', but slightly uncomfortable, it doesn't roll off the tongue nicely. Bayardo does :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Schloesser doesn't really mean anything, but it's a bit of a hard to pronounce name. Not really 'hard', but slightly uncomfortable, it doesn't roll off the tongue nicely. Bayardo does :d 

I think I wouldn’t pronounce Schloesser correctly, but again, our users from the Rio de la Plata wouldn’t pronounce Bayardo properly :p

Finally got a chance to view this morning’s results for the men. Good round for D’Amour :ISV

Koreans were on top form as well, so hats off to them for that amazing performance :hatoff:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, ofan said:

Damn, Canada misses the knockout round in mixed team by 3 points

SB had a disaster QR, down by 22 points from her PB, Crispin actually had 5 points less than in Rio, but finished higher. Either would have gotten them a performance needed to qualify.