website statistics

Archery at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

New OR for :KOR in the team as well beating their own OR from 2008

:GBR in 9th so will face :ITA and even if we beat that will go out to :KOR I'd imagine

Individually, Bettles came 15th so will face :COL Acosta Giraldo

Pitman came 38th and will face :TPE Tan and

Folkard came 47th and will face :CHN Wu

Probably only Bettles will go through, where she will face the winner of the Folkard/Wu match, and if she survives that will probably face :KOR Jang Minjee who will easily beat her.

So I don't think we will do anything in this event. Even if Pitman beats Tan she faces :MEX Aida Roman next probably. But I wasn't expecting anything in the first place...

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

51 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

New OR for :KOR in the team as well beating their own OR from 2008

:GBR in 9th so will face :ITA and even if we beat that will go out to :KOR I'd imagine

Individually, Bettles came 15th so will face :COL Acosta Giraldo

Pitman came 38th and will face :TPE Tan and

Folkard came 47th and will face :CHN Wu

Probably only Bettles will go through, where she will face the winner of the Folkard/Wu match, and if she survives that will probably face :KOR Jang Minjee who will easily beat her.

So I don't think we will do anything in this event. Even if Pitman beats Tan she faces :MEX Aida Roman next probably. But I wasn't expecting anything in the first place...

Disastrous qualifier for the women's team. Bettle's personally did pretty well, but 9th is a disastrous position - frankly 11th would have suited far better, as Italy or ROC is a bit of a toss-up, but KOR in the quarterfinal is simply terminal. Women's team was GBR's best medal hope, with an outside chance to swing bronze if the draw fell right. That's pretty much gone now. 

Marie Horácková :CZE got doable opponent for the 1st round. :JPN Miki Nakamura as the worst ranked out of home archer is surely beatable!! Wish her to make it at least to the 2nd round!!

Btw, really nice PB for :SVK Baranková and 12th spot in the ranking round ???