website statistics

Taekwondo at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

12 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Taekwondo brackets are available on the official website. not much change from predicted brackets as far as I can see

IOC/WT made sure that :IRI Kiani vs :IOC Alizadeh happens by having a last minute replacement. this match was too "good" to let it "not happen"

I truly hope Kiani wins this, otherwise the IOC will surely manufacture a fairytale out of this...

#banbestmen

18 minutes ago, dcro said:

I truly hope Kiani wins this, otherwise the IOC will surely manufacture a fairytale out of this...

I hope so :pope:  for so many reasons. nothing really personally against Alizadeh but she cheated her way into the Games (like most of EOR team members) and I always want cheaters to lose. I really hope Kiani can handle the pressure which is huge.

there are/were lots of media hype about this match here. lots of talk about the battle of "Nahid and Kimia". they were team mates for a long time but never been in the same weight. Alizadeh has to cut a lot while Kiani is even small for this weight.

Kimia's childhood coach (who also coached her in Rio and almost her entire life before leaving Iran) is now coaching Kiani. another story for this match.