website statistics

Taekwondo at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

Just now, MHSN said:

host athletes will take the 4th seed

and of course, something similar to wrestling with a small difference. athletes will fight the semifinal loser from the opposite side of the draw for the bronze.

Not sure i understand. So if someone loses to the alter finalist in the 1st round still gets a chance for bronce medal right? Which also means you could win bronze with two wins? 

1 minute ago, prso1000 said:

Not sure i understand. So if someone loses to the alter finalist in the 1st round still gets a chance for bronce medal right? Which also means you could win bronze with two wins? 

yes as I said, very similar to wrestling

if you lose to one of the finalists you will have a chance in the repechage and have to win 2 matches in a 16-man draw.

I really dislike the current format for repechage. I’d prefer to see the 4 quarterfinal losers face off in two repechage semifinals, with the winners facing the semifinal losers for bronze.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Entry list for Taekwondo

http://www.worldtaekwondo.org/att_file/news/TKW - Olympic athletes list_records and stats links.pdf

I see only three changes (we already knew two of them)

:ESP replaced Jesus Tortoas in men's 58kg with Adrian Vicente

:HAI replaced Aliyah Shipman in women's 67kg with Lauren Lee

:TUR also replaced Irem Yaman with Hetice Ilguin in women's 57kg

I think now it's easy to "predict" the draw which will be completely based on 1st July ranking.

7 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Entry list for Taekwondo

http://www.worldtaekwondo.org/att_file/news/TKW - Olympic athletes list_records and stats links.pdf

I see only three changes (we already knew two of them)

:ESP replaced Jesus Tortoas in men's 58kg with Adrian Vicente

:HAI replaced Aliyah Shipman in women's 67kg with Lauren Lee

:TUR also replaced Irem Yaman with Hetice Ilguin in women's 57kg

I think now it's easy to "predict" the draw which will be completely based on 1st July ranking.

Is Japanese guaranteed 4th seed as long as they are on the draw?

On 08/07/2021 at 10:20, MHSN said:

There will be a mixed team event which will be held alongside the Olympic competition. apparently one match per day right before the "medal matches"

they had the draw today

:RUS vs :CHN/:CIV

:JPN vs :IRI

Did they come up with a better tie-breaker than “lol lets pick a gender and weight class at random”?