website statistics

Wrestling at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

so :SVK returned to wrestling after 13 years just to face Naifonov :ROC in the 1st round :( and without even a chance of repechage becuase Yazdani being in the same part of bracket...

well, I do not believ in luck/bad luck but this time the planets in the universe were not exactly with Makoev. well, what can we do. lets hope Boris will be able to stay at least the whole 6 minutes on the mat...

2 hours ago, sounak said:

Is @MHSN not giving daily analysis and predictions for the draw? :d:p

nah :p I said before that I'm not in a great mood and also I'm very busy with doing multiple things.

but my opinion about Indian wrestlers is that both got lucky with the draw. Ravi Kumar is already in the semifinal. against probably Takahashi. (or Sanayev) pretty good chance for him to win a medal.

Deepak also got lucky. I'm not sure about his Chinese opponent in the 2nd round, he is not that bad . but still I expect to see Deepak in the SF where he most probably will lose to David Taylor. still a good shot for the bronze.

nobody talks about Egypt's performance today ?

@thepharoah where was this 87kg guy before?! :p Egypt did great so far. even in the first day they were close beating the Russian.

even though Mohamed Ibrahim was a bit lucky they decided to annul that pin, I'm not sure if that was the right call.

25 minutes ago, MHSN said:

nah :p I said before that I'm not in a great mood and also I'm very busy with doing multiple things.

but my opinion about Indian wrestlers is that both got lucky with the draw. Ravi Kumar is already in the semifinal. against probably Takahashi. (or Sanayev) pretty good chance for him to win a medal.

Deepak also got lucky. I'm not sure about his Chinese opponent in the 2nd round, he is not that bad . but still I expect to see Deepak in the SF where he most probably will lose to David Taylor. still a good shot for the bronze.

Imagine if the top seed goes through to the final in 57 kg. Takahasi, Sanayev and Ravi fighting for Bronze. :popcorn:

But, my assesment is similar. Both Ravi and Deepak should reach Semis.

I am hoping for Ravi to reach finals. Loser in Semi,:JPN should win the Bronze medal against :BUL. In the other half, :ROC vs :USA and :TUR vs :IRI first round matches should be interesting. And then we also have :ARM. My pick :ROC over :ARM in semis and :ARM taking bronze. 

For Deepak, most likely Bronze medal match against either :SMR or :BLR. I would rate Shabanau as favourite there but Deepak has a chance. In the other half, :IRI and :ROC should take medals.