:BUL Evelina Georgieva NIKOLOVA

Gold Medal Match

:JPN Risako Kawai    5 - 0  Iryna Kurachkina  :BLR

Bronze Medal Match

:USA Helen Louise Maroulis   11 - 0  Khongorzul Boldsaikhan  :MGL
:BUL Evelina Georgieva Nikolova    5 - 0  Valeria Koblova  :ROC

Full Brackets Here

22 hours ago, MHSN said:

he is the worst wrestler we ever sent to Olympics. :p Bajrang was a terrible matchup even for our better wrestlers, let alone this guy

I think Bajrang has a very good chance to make it to the semifinal. even though that Kyrgyz guy is somehow dangerous. you have to be careful against him.

MHSN is so accurate in his prediction.. 

Exact things happened in the first two matches of Bajrang as he predicted.

yes I saw this Kyrgyz guy in two tournaments recently and he is really good and improving fast. won't be surprised if he wins a world title (at least a world medal) in near future.

also I believe Bajrang is not in his best shape, I was really surprised when our guy Ghiasi was actually close to beat him. I mean if he was "smart" he could wait the clock to get that 1 passivity point and could defend the rest of the match. but he decided to attack and we knew he is not good in this. he had hard time to score even against Tunisia!

but our biggest disappointment happened in 97kg. before the Olympics I would considered this guy as our 3rd "safe medal" in Tokyo. we have 3 very good wrestlers here and we were sure each one of them can beat anybody in the world (except the great Sadulaev) but then Mohammadian disappointed everybody by losing to Odikadze. I just don't know what was wrong with him. I assume he was thinking too much ahead of himself and was probably already thinking about Sadulaev. :facepalm:

and that means no gold medal in freestyle wrestling . first time since 2008 :( I thought we have a good team this time, at least in 3 upper weights but there was something wrong with the team. 1 silver and 1 possible bronze (Zare still has to beat China) is a terrible result.

the good thing is there will be a world championship in 2 months. to clear some of these bad memories. :p

12 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Stadnik loses at the 1/2 and we will once again see her miserable face on the podium, for not winning Gold. 

Unless Yépez/Namuuntsetseg can do something about it. This is probably her last Olympics, right?

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

13 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Unless Yépez/Namuuntsetseg can do something about it. This is probably her last Olympics, right?

Not sure, depends if she has had enough mentally. She is 33 and even if 36 isn't that different for women's wrestling, i don't think she can get that Gold. Azerbaijan will definitely want her to continue though, as they hardly have anyone better coming up.