website statistics

Wrestling at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

9 years ago in London Sushil Kumar ate half of Akzhurek Tanatarov's ear and nothing happened to him despite all the blood . Sanayev will be fine

True. The first thing that came to my mind was that he is taking revenge ???

Great performance from Stevenson, he easily beat Taha. Unfortunately even though I was hoping the other result, it was expected. I believe Petriashvili's gold is not certain, the Iranian and Stevenson seem very strong, Petriashvili did not look that good.

1 minute ago, sounak said:

@MHSN how is your 65kg wrestler? His second round is against Bajrang. What do you make of it?

he is the worst wrestler we ever sent to Olympics. :p Bajrang was a terrible matchup even for our better wrestlers, let alone this guy

I think Bajrang has a very good chance to make it to the semifinal. even though that Kyrgyz guy is somehow dangerous. you have to be careful against him.

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

he is the worst wrestler we ever sent to Olympics. :p Bajrang was a terrible matchup even for our better wrestlers, let alone this guy

I think Bajrang has a very good chance to make it to the semifinal. even though that Kyrgyz guy is somehow dangerous. you have to be careful against him.

That is good to hear :p. Also wanted to know your opinion about Ravi's chances today?

Just now, sounak said:

That is good to hear :p. Also wanted to know your opinion about Ravi's chances today?

I think it will 50/50. highly depends on Uguev's physical situation. not sure if people watched him yesterday but he won both of his qualification matches in the last 10 seconds. he was dead tired and 2pts down against Abdullaev (UZB) but still somehow worked his magic for a 4pts throw. (mostly Abdullaev's mistake)

he was better in afternoon when he wrestled out guy Atri in the semifinal.

so I assume he will be better today against Ravi (still he had to cut weight again for today's weight-in)

if they had to wrestle yesterday morning I would give 80% chance to Ravi to win the match but now he had his rest and recovery and will be more prepared. still Ravi can make everybody gas. but he just has to stop giving up cheap points like he did against Sanayev. Uguev is not going to get pinned like that.

I see the guy who denied Salkazanov to qualify for Tokyo the :BLR Kadimahamedau is still in great form like he was at the last qualifiers in Sofia, beating Dake 11-0

Now he´ll face Chamizo, funny enough the only one who beat him this year if I am not wrong was Salkazanov, really interested to see how will that BLR guy do today against him.