:UKR Iryna KOLIADENKO
:BUL Taybe Mustafa YUSEIN

Gold Medal Match

:JPN Yukako Kawai    4 - 3  Aisuluu Tynybekova  :KGZ

Bronze Medal Match

:UKR  Iryna Koliadenko   3 - 1  Anastasija Grigorjeva  :LAT
:BUL Taybe Mustafa Yusein    10 - 0  Liubov Ovtcharova  :ROC

Full Brackets Here

It was a good day for our wrestlers, 4th ever gold medal in Greco-Roman wrestling and Yazdani making it to the final. it would be perfect if Atri could stick to his plan to beat Uguev but to be honest nobody was really counting on him. it will be great if he wins the bronze. but he will be underdog against anybody who comes from repechage.

Yazdani gave us a scare, Naifonov was really close to score on him in the last 20 seconds. I can say his match vs Taylor is the most anticipated Olympic event people in my country was looking for. until yesterday I was considering Yazdani as the favorite but now I think Taylor is slightly favorite (who beat Yazdani twice already)

Yazdani is a great wrestler, one of the bests in our history but he gasses in the 2nd period, we rarely see that because he finishes 95% of his matches very early. mostly in 2 minutes. but his weakness was exposed against someone like Naifonov. hopefully he has a better gameplan against Taylor because if he wrestles like today, Taylor will hit him hard in the 2nd period.

and congrats to Reza Geraei for winning the Olympic gold. until few months ago our coach wasn't even sure to try him in this weight. (he is a 72kg wrestler) when it comes to Geraei family people mostly knew his brother, but I assume that changes from today.

On 03/08/2021 at 20:31, heywoodu said:

Next dumb question :cheer: 

GR 67kg, quarter finals. Aslanyan had Elsayed pinned on his shoulders and won the match, or so it seemed. There was a challenge and a challenge and whatnot and suddenly Aslanyan hadn't won anymore, they continued fighting and eventually Elsayed won. What happened, why didn't Aslanyan get the fall/pin?

I just read one expert's opinion about that specific match and it seems they called it a foul for something else. I usually watch 3 mats at the same time and probably miss lots of things. I can't find that match online to watch it again but it seems it was a leg foul. apparently Aslanyan used his opponent's leg to perform his technique. this is what I heard from an expert in officiating Greco-Roman.

6 hours ago, thepharoah said:

little compensation for this guy after that heartbreak loss yesterday , 3rd bronze for Egypt in this games 

Congrats :yes, he was always in my list as one of the favorites (and I believe I said that couple times before the Games) even though his recent performance wasn't great so I downgraded his chance in my own calculation.

this is kind of funny, I remember few months or maybe a year ago we had a conversation and I told you something like " don't worry this is our weakest weight, our guy has no chance for medal and he may not even qualify" :p

1 hour ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

During semi final match in 57kg freestyle between Ravi Dahiya and Nurislam Sanayev, Sanayev apparently bit Ravi. Does this impose any penalties or suspension

image.png

Let us wait for a MHSN opinion but as long as i know, this should be penalised if wrestler or coaches report an incident or ask for a chalenge. If this isnt a case, i dont think that anything could be done.

This image is very clear about what happened.

5 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

Let us wait for a MHSN opinion but as long as i know, this should be penalised if wrestler or coaches report an incident or ask for a chalenge. If this isnt a case, i dont think that anything could be done.

This image is very clear about what happened.

9 years ago in London Sushil Kumar ate half of Akzhurek Tanatarov's ear and nothing happened to him despite all the blood . Sanayev will be fine