website statistics

Wrestling at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

Right, wrestling has started, time for my Round of Stupid Questions :d 

Number one: I saw the Iranian guy in 60kg lose in the first round, but why did he lose? I thought I had learned that the last one to score wins, and since it was 5-5 and the Iranian was the last one to get points, I was sure he'd win! Which tiebreaker was used?

Luckily no medals decided yet, because I've still got to watch everything else (I've only had time for the 60kg first round) but I am excited to watch :bounce:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Right, wrestling has started, time for my Round of Stupid Questions :d 

Number one: I saw the Iranian guy in 60kg lose in the first round, but why did he lose? I thought I had learned that the last one to score wins, and since it was 5-5 and the Iranian was the last one to get points, I was sure he'd win! Which tiebreaker was used?

Luckily no medals decided yet, because I've still got to watch everything else (I've only had time for the 60kg first round) but I am excited to watch :bounce:

First criteria is the one with the biggest throw/attack. Say wrestler A has 2-2-1 score and wrestler B has a 4-1 score, wrestler B wins because he has performed a tougher throw for 4 points. If they both have the same points like 2-2-1, then the one with the last point won, gets the advantage.

4 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

First criteria is the one with the biggest throw/attack. Say wrestler A has 2-2-1 score and wrestler B has a 4-1 score, wrestler B wins because he has performed a tougher throw for 4 points. If they both have the same points like 2-2-1, then the one with the last point won, gets the advantage.

Thanks! I'll undoubtedly be back tomorrow :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

After no one yesterday, we are kicking today with people in all 3 weights. The only time it is going to happen. :d Hristova with the best draw to reach the 1/2 and frankly i will be disappointed, if she doesn't. Mnatsakanian has one of the more easy first opponents, but then he is going into Geraei and it will be a very tough match. Milov at 97 is the one i'm expecting absolutely nothing, in like losing the first match and be done. :d