website statistics

Wrestling at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

• 2 weeks later...

Will the seedings be used in draw like boxing? Like will 1 & 4 will not meet before semifinals, and 2 & 3 will not meet before semifinals? Asking bcoz UWW does use the seeds weirdly sometimes.

Wow this indifference to wrestling in the forum is frightening.

Comgratulations to Lopez, he is incredibly fit and strong, I would say even more fit and stronger than 2016. This is incredible for a 39 years old.

Cuba had an amazing day with two finals, 60 kg was real surprising. 

1 hour ago, merlinsbeard said:

Wow this indifference to wrestling in the forum is frightening.

Don't worry things will pick up, it's only day one and there are no finals. And i'm not home and didn't watch todays sessions. :d

Japan are not winning every womens weight, after Foken made the final. It looks like wrestling won't be judo for them, even though they have a finalist in the mens GR. And as i suspected not a very good day for Europe. I don't know, if it's the time-zone, the conditions, but Europe have been struggling in other sports as well. 

I'm surprised (and slightly worried) that @MHSN has not made his expert analysis on the draws and the Iranian performance? Two potential BG - Iran matches tomorrow :d. As a matter if fact, he has been very quiet this whole Olympics? 

4 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Don't worry things will pick up, it's only day one and there are no finals. And i'm not home and didn't watch todays sessions. :d

Japan are not winning every womens weight, after Foken made the final. It looks like wrestling won't be judo for them, even though they have a finalist in the mens GR. And as i suspected not a very good day for Europe. I don't know, if it's the time-zone, the conditions, but Europe have been struggling in other sports as well. 

I'm surprised (and slightly worried) that @MHSN has not made his expert analysis on the draws and the Iranian performance? Two potential BG - Iran matches tomorrow :d. As a matter if fact, he has been very quiet this whole Olympics? 

:d two reasons for that. first I'm just busy somewhere else (a Persian website where I have to explain rules in 30 sports for everybody lol) and second I'm just not in a great mood. it was a terrible Olympic from the first day for non-sport related reasons and those non-sport reasons also affected our delegation's performance and we are getting poor results everywhere from the 2nd day. and volleyball's elimination was the last nail to the coffin.

even our wrestlers didn't do good today. tomorrow we will have our "better" wrestlers but Nejati lost to some random guy because of his own mistakes. that can happen again tomorrow.