website statistics

Auto Racing Discussion Thread

vlad

The second race in the V8 Supercars in Tasmania had quite the dramatic ending. Van Gisbergen was leading for more than an hour, when he slipped over some spilled oil 4 laps (laps of 52 seconds) before the finish of the race. Winterbottom, who was in 2nd, almost slipped as well but could continue, however it was Will Davison (who was in 3rd) who suddenly found himself in the lead and won the race.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Great race Max :cheer:

And it's so great to see the Manor is finally competitive, especially with a very talented driver as Wehrlein behind the wheel. They're definitely gonna get a point this year (with Wehrlein probably) :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

There's also NASCAR going on by the way, 100 of 500 laps done at the half mile oval of Martinsville. 

I watched today only bits from F1 and the second WTCC race. It was so good watching Hamilton in the middle-pack, but sadly he made it to the podium in the end. If it is going to be the same year again, it is no wonder why i'm finding myself drifting away from F1 all the time. Rosberg at least seems more confident this season and could make a push for the title (finally). WTCC was much more exciting. I don't know if Honda have gotten really better this year, or it was just that Citroen were 80 kg heavier, but the race was more interesting without the usual Citroen dominance. Lopez held the victory, but if there were another 1-2 laps, Monteiro could have passed him. 

So far I'm actually enjoying this F1 season very much, also today was just a really cool race where a lot of things happened. Alright, Mercedes won again, but still, there were quite a lot of good fights and I feel like this year (and last year as well) is much more fun than 2013-2014.

I've only watched the first WTCC race so far (the 2nd one I had to record because it was at the same time as F1, probably I'll watch it after MotoGP and NASCAR). Catsburg and Coronel were fighting hard and I think Catsburg fought a bit too hard :d 

Still it's good to see 2 Dutch drivers fighting for positions in the top-8. 

It's been an insanely busy weekend in terms of motorsports anyway. The list of races I've watched (or will watch today):

- World Superbike races 1 + 2

- World Supersport

- Moto3

- Moto2

- MotoGP

- Formula 1

- Formula E

- IndyCar Series

- NASCAR

- Formula 3 races 1 + 3

- V8 Supercars races 1 + 2

- WTCC races 1 + 2

Hmm, looking back now that I've wrote it down, maybe it's a bit too much and I'm trying to make up for missing the winter sports :p 

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It's been an insanely busy weekend in terms of motorsports anyway. The list of races I've watched (or will watch today):

That's what i call a dedicated motorsports fan. :d

Edited by Federer91

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

That's what i call a dedicated motorsports fan. :d

It's mostly because one of the paid sports channels here in the Netherlands has a special racing channel and I discovered this weekend that they're showing even more than I thought :d 

I knew they showed F1, NASCAR and IndyCar, but I didn't know about Formula E and V8 Supercars yet. That last one is a bad discovery, because those races are usually 5-6am Dutch time so there goes my weekend sleep for the rest of the year :lol:

Blancpain GT Series qualifying race from Misano is shown live here at the moment, half hour to go :)

Edited by heywoodu