website statistics

Auto Racing Discussion Thread

vlad

That's an anticlimactic 24 hour race :(

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Whoopsie.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...

Yeah, next year's side program around the GP's has taken quite a hit, with not a single GP (!) having both F2 and F3 anymore :( 

MotoGP has it's system up so much better with Moto3 and Moto2 travelling with them every race, and Red Bull Rookies Cup now and then. Hopefully at least the W Series will have grown a bit and be more interesting than the often quite dull 2019 season.

4 hours ago, Monzanator said:

At age 45 :BRA Helio Castroneves 

This thing with the age mentioned first and then seeing his name scared the living shit out of me :lol: 

Good news though :cheer: 

Payback for 2008 IRL as Oliver Jarvis caused a collision with Scott Dixon and cost Briscoe/van der Zande the title.

Castroneves should send Jarvis a box of chocolades at the very least :d

Castroneves didn't win a title even dating back to his IndyLights days where Tony Kanaan won the 1998 title IIRC.

• 2 months later...

Sure enough, Simona de Silvestro is back at Indy 500 :yes 

Spare me the diversity crap, Simona was making waves in IndyCar long before the politically correct morons ever bothered to take a look at her. It's not like Carmen Jorda or Milka Duno should ever be back driving a race car :roflmao:

https://eu.indystar.com/story/sports/motor/2021/01/19/roger-penske-paretta-autosport-indy-500-simona-de-silvestro-diversity/4209355001/

Saw some of the esports racers I follow were racing the e-version of the Rolex 24 at Daytona this weekend. That served as a good reminder that the “real” race is scheduled to take place next weekend. I came across an early version of the start list. Lots of big names from IndyCar, NASCAR, and the various Endurance racing scenes will be at the start. There will be 5 classes (DPI, LMP2, LMP3, GTLM, GTD) contesting this years race (smallest is GT Le Mans with only 6 entires, largest is GT Daytona with 19), and there should be 49 entries in total. Here’s the start list I found: https://us.motorsport.com/imsa/news/rolex-24-hours-entry-list/4995538/

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela